Sweet red wine?

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
Looking for info on a fairly inexpensive sweet red wine? Going to get a bottle for the g/f and I tonight. Gracias!

oldmodman

Established Member
Maybe a Sangria?

All the sweet wines I drank were when I was in High School. Utter crap like Ripple, Anny green springs, Thunderbird and garbage like that. I still don't know why my friends and I didn't go blind.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
does it have to be red? i hate reds personally, love me some riesling and moscato though! riesling especially is a very versatile wine, goes well with just about anything.

CBrowning84

Established Member
does it have to be red? i hate reds personally, love me some riesling and moscato though! riesling especially is a very versatile wine, goes well with just about anything.

If you like Rieslings, you should try Relax... that's some good stuff! :beer:

allister

Established Member
I second the Rose Moscato vote! Or any Moscato! If you have a local winery store they will also sell tons of sweet fruit flavored wines which are mainly red, and delicious.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I second the Rose Moscato vote! Or any Moscato! If you have a local winery store they will also sell tons of sweet fruit flavored wines which are mainly red, and delicious.

Bingo! I love the occasional sweet wine (I mean, really sweet), so I went to a local winery in Brookfield that had a blueberry wine called Wild Blue. I almost walked right by it but asked for a taste. Wow! I loved it. Definitely a desert wine. Brought a bottle home for my wife and I. So definitely would look into desert wines (and different fruits) if you want sweet.

I also picked up a bottle of their Autumn Spice wine. A blush styled wine fermented with sugar pumpkin, honey and spices. Mellow, sweeter and spicier flavor. Can be served warm. This was great as well for just enjoying around a nice fire.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
If you like Rieslings, you should try Relax... that's some good stuff! :beer:
'relax' is pretty good, but i was a little let down after all the hype i read, lol. my favorite right now is 'barefoot's riesling, perfect balance of sweetness and acidity IMO. if you want something really different, try a german style riesling like 'clean slate'. little sweetness, very acidic, very clean tasting. prefer the 'barefoot', but that one is good to change it up every now and then.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
STELLLLLLLAAAA!

Stella Rosa is the sh*t! seriously. and its like $10 a bottle. they carry it at Costco now. they have a nice Stella Christmas gift pack at Costco right now. comes in a nice package. picked one up for my mom since she liked it so much when she had some at our house.

http://stellarosawines.com/contact/

at BevMo (if you have those)
http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?N=39+4294967193&area=wine&ProductID=21162&Ns=Name|0

OR, Moscato. we prefer Barefoot but im sure any brand will be good.

Last edited:

scottminot

Established Member
Good stuff!

LoveMyGoat.jpg

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
Mogan David (NOT MD20/20) they have wines such as Blackberry, Cherry, Concord & Pomegranate they have no artificial colors or flavors and taste good these wines are the Old Testament wines and are kosher (K).

CBrowning84

Established Member
'relax' is pretty good, but i was a little let down after all the hype i read, lol. my favorite right now is 'barefoot's riesling, perfect balance of sweetness and acidity IMO. if you want something really different, try a german style riesling like 'clean slate'. little sweetness, very acidic, very clean tasting. prefer the 'barefoot', but that one is good to change it up every now and then.

I hadn't heard anything about it when we tried it so I guess that's why we like it so much lol. Barefoot makes some decent "cheap" wines! I also like that one. Never had clean slate before, but I might give it a try if I can find it. :beer:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I've never tasted a whine that was sweet. Infact, I've never tasted a whine that didn't taste like complete shit.

Try a German Eiswein or Auslese (Qualitat mit Pradicat). Must be cold!

I think any wine goes well after a good beat down by some black dude. It helps keep the Chrohns swelling down from what I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread