Sweet low mileage 9,261 Miles 1987 Buick GNX

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Those old GNs and GNXs are pretty cool.

In highschool a friend's dad had a regular GN that we would cruise around in. I ran into one GNX on the freeway back then. My '78 Oldsmobuick with the 3.8 V6 didn't have a chance.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
IMO that GNX will hold its value better than the cars you mentioned

I dont buy cars to put them in a plastic bag in a storage unit. Also, using cars as an investment is a terrible idea. The MSRP of a 87 GNX was about $40k, that much put into the stock market or real estate back then would likely be worth 5x whatever this car ends of selling for.

When the rich boomers that buy these things die off, the market will crash hard.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont buy cars to put them in a plastic bag in a storage unit. Also, using cars as an investment is a terrible idea. The MSRP of a 87 GNX was about $40k, that much put into the stock market or real estate back then would likely be worth 5x whatever this car ends of selling for.
Shoulda woulda...
You also could have used that $40k to invest in Enron.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

When the rich boomers that buy these things die off, the market will crash hard.

Truth. At around 10% annual growth in the stock market that $40K doubles every 7 years.

Users who are viewing this thread