Swap my balls!!

brandonflood123

Established Member
I'm liking the black now that it's done, goes with the rest of the interior great.

By the way,, I posted some pics in your clean car thread :beer:

yes definitely goes well together! the ball is a little bigger but thats okay. you dont even wanna see the aftermath of my stock ball, its destroyed. i couldnt get it off no matter what i tried. so my buddy tried channel locks with the ball wrapped in a rag. lets just say once the rag slipped and it put one huge scuff in it i said screw it. its destroyed now. but replaced with the one i have now

and okay! ill check it out i need to catch up on that tread

brandonflood123

Established Member
dude this is going to sound really weird but i just looked over the pictures you submitted, and there was one of them that i saved to my phone a couple months ago before i even knew you existed. it was my phone screen saver for a while. small world huh lol:beer::lol:

Ky GT500

Established Member
yes definitely goes well together! the ball is a little bigger but thats okay. you dont even wanna see the aftermath of my stock ball, its destroyed. i couldnt get it off no matter what i tried. so my buddy tried channel locks with the ball wrapped in a rag. lets just say once the rag slipped and it put one huge scuff in it i said screw it. its destroyed now. but replaced with the one i have now

and okay! ill check it out i need to catch up on that tread

Mine came off with no issues,, the boot retainer,,, that's a different story.

Ky GT500

Established Member
dude this is going to sound really weird but i just looked over the pictures you submitted, and there was one of them that i saved to my phone a couple months ago before i even knew you existed. it was my phone screen saver for a while. small world huh lol:beer::lol:

That's pretty cool. Glad I could help you out. :coolman:

brandonflood123

Established Member
yeah... about my stock shift ball lol
KtMW3xfl.jpg

brandonflood123

Established Member
Ouch,,,my wife just saw your pic,,,she wanted to know if I hurt my ball!!! :-D
haha i know man I've kept all my oem stuff and this is the only piece thats pretty much completely destroyed I'm keeping it still but yeah its gone. luckily the new one i have is a great replacement hahah

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
On the stock unit I am guessing the aluminum collar is threaded for the shift handle.

Is the ball glued to the collar or does it screw on or what???

Tom

Ky GT500

Established Member
On the stock unit I am guessing the aluminum collar is threaded for the shift handle.

Is the ball glued to the collar or does it screw on or what???

Tom

Collar is not threaded, goes down over the shifter,,,stock ball has the threads. Collar is press fit into ball.

Some guys said they had epoxy or some other adhesive on their collar, mine had none, just the knurled piece was press fit.

Users who are viewing this thread