SVT's in Newport News/Hampton Roads

Machdup1

Established Member
Sean Kelley at Dyno Tuned Performance is the only guy I've ever had work on my cars (03 Cobra, 08 Z06 and 13 GT500). He's one of the best in the area when it comes to Mustangs.

Thanks!! I would normally wrench it myself, but the last couple of months have been a blur.

Brian95SVT

Established Member
What mechanic are you guys using in the Tidewater area? This winter has eaten my PS pump and my clutch is making some weird noises.

Sean Kelley at Dyno Tuned Performance is the only guy I've ever had work on my cars (03 Cobra, 08 Z06 and 13 GT500). He's one of the best in the area when it comes to Mustangs.

The only three places I'll take my car are All Aspects, DTP, and Rick's Car Care. My Cobra is at All Aspects right now getting a list of upgrades installed. Hopefully getting it back today/tomorrow/thursday.

Hope this helps.

Machdup1

Established Member
The only three places I'll take my car are All Aspects, DTP, and Rick's Car Care. My Cobra is at All Aspects right now getting a list of upgrades installed. Hopefully getting it back today/tomorrow/thursday.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up. It is always good to know the name of a trusted shop or two.

Brian95SVT

Established Member
No problem. All Aspects is my first go to. If there's something he won't do (like the rear end for example) I go to Rick's. Brent @ DTP will hopefully be tuning my car whenever I start looking for power mods.

I'm in the process of finishing up installing '03 Cobra seats... the drivers seat is a PITA because of the wiring and the write ups I've read are a little inaccurate I'm finding.

Brian95SVT

Established Member
Myself, my father, and my uncle all signed up for the Mustang Round-Up in Smithfield on 5/18/2013!! We have never been so we are looking forward to coming out!! Hopefully it'll be a good way to get some more members for my site :D

Does anyone have a group getting together and driving out there? I know I talked to Craig about trying to set something up. Anyone interested?

shb5007

Established Member
Myself, my father, and my uncle all signed up for the Mustang Round-Up in Smithfield on 5/18/2013!! We have never been so we are looking forward to coming out!! Hopefully it'll be a good way to get some more members for my site :D

Does anyone have a group getting together and driving out there? I know I talked to Craig about trying to set something up. Anyone interested?

Glad to hear you decided to come out. I think you will enjoy the event. :banana:

Lot's of good people, nice cars, and great food! :beer:

Brian95SVT

Established Member
Glad to hear you decided to come out. I think you will enjoy the event. :banana:

I've finally gotten the car to a point where it's more presentable. Hopefully Dirty Details can finish it up for me. It's definitely not a powerhouse since it's a stock longblock 5.0 Cobra but I have a ton of money in it so hopefully my (IMO) tasteful mods are worthy :D

Looking forward to meeting some more enthusiasts.

Machdup1

Established Member

I'll roll with a group from the southside.

shb5007

Established Member
There are already over 20 SVT (Cobra or GT500) Mustangs registered. Good stuff.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

I'll roll with a group from the southside.

Look forward to meeting you guys there. I will be rolling down with the Central VA Mustang Club. For those of you that have seen my car on here, I am not rolling on the XXR wheels anymore. Went with chrome 10anniv reps.

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Does anyone have any odd parts they need? I've been parting out my cobra, and everything typical is gone I'm just left with random assorted pieces i.e. (smog pump, weather stripping, extra serpentine belt, crash sensors, ect.)

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
The professionally done wingless badgless trunk in my sig is also up for grabs if anyone with a black cobra is interested

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
I have a friend who wants to get into the stang bang. He has 6k cash in hand. Anyone have a gt or cobra up for grabs in that price range?

shb5007

Established Member
Just a quick update for people interested in the Mustang Round-Up in Smithfield event.

Registration has now met the point where we can NOT guarantee enough spaces for cars that show up on the day of the show without pre-registering.

We are under a strict limit of 150 cars due to space on the street. We HIGHLY recommend you pre-register at the website listed in the initial post.

We had an event planning meeting this past weekend where we met with some of the businesses on Main Street, they are all excited about the show. Many will be having specials that day on food, gifts, antiques, etc.

We ate at the new "Taste of Smithfield" restaurant (owned by Smithfield Foods), and it was great! They will also be serving breakfast during the event. Bacon!!!!

I snapped a few quick pictures of Main Street on a busy Saturday afternoon. Imagine this street lined with 150 Mustangs in just over a month! Don't miss out!

If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks!

photo2ty.jpg

photo1zc.jpg

Last edited:

shb5007

Established Member
Just a quick reminder about the upcoming event in Smithfield...

We are aware we had some website issues, they are now all solved.

Please visit here to pre-register: Mustang Round-up in Smithfield

Thanks for your patience.

The custom awards are in, tons of Mustangs already registered, come on out!!

Users who are viewing this thread