SVTP's Full Coverage - NMRA Bowling Green 2013 :: Lots of Pics

black-plasma

Established Member
SVTPerformance goes to BG and takes zero pictures or videos of the SVT Cobra's in the Terminator/Shelby Shootout.... :bash:

BLK_03

Established Member
It says record breaking runs but what record did they break?? The MMR coyote has run over 1 second faster with a 7.02 @ 202.5

We are not sure who ever started this rumor but to clarify the MMR car is 100% streetable, we think people assumed this because one of the many blocks we tested was filled, but this does not mean it is not streetable, coolant was still circulated through the heads and a external oil cooler was used in place of coolant in the block and the car was routinely driven on the streets. But again, the MMR car is streetable for the record. We can post some videos of it street driving if you like LOL!

Again, the car is 100% streetable, licensed and insured and we have no idea where the rumor came from that it is not?? It also weighs over 3050lbs for NMCA competition and can run any tire we put on it. "streetable" has been a term questioned over the decades when it comes to records and everyone seems to have a different opinion of it. Larry Larsons car runs 6.80's and competes in the hot rod tour that travels the country - with a trailer behind it - LOL. Bottom line is everyone has their own definition of the term and it is easy to put the MMR car into a "racecar" class when it is so far ahead of the others.

Anyhow, Great pictures, looks like it was a lot of fun!

#stillthefastestcoyoteintheworld

LOL, so I guess this means that every 93' Mustang GT (and every car produced prior to 93' for that matter) that didn't even have ABS as an option is also not streetable or considered a racecar. To answer your question however, no, it does not have ABS.

Like we said, it is all how it is defined. :beer:

And in regards to JPC's car, looks like it was a decent pass and we congratulate them either way :beer:

girlsassylarge.gif

My94GT

Established Member
great pics, and :lol1: at mmr comparing their car that can drive on the street to JPCs actual street car.

cobracloud

Established Member
This yr at bg really was disappointing, with the shitty weather and everything that went along with it. My guys in the terminator/gt500 shootout were champs enduring all the crap and thanks to the guys who could stay around and race on monday -and i didnt expect to see many terminator pics by svtp-they wont even make it a sticky when i am doing all the announcements!!! Cant understand that one??

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This yr at bg really was disappointing, with the shitty weather and everything that went along with it. My guys in the terminator/gt500 shootout were champs enduring all the crap and thanks to the guys who could stay around and race on monday -and i didnt expect to see many terminator pics by svtp-they wont even make it a sticky when i am doing all the announcements!!! Cant understand that one??

Try informing the moderators about it.:poke:

jetmech

Established Member

He means that you have more BG coverage of coyote mustangs & fox bodies(non-SVT) then Terminators(SVT) or GT500s for that matter. Actually you didn't cover any shots of the Terminator/GT500 class qualifing. So we're all wondering why call the site SVTPerformance, just call it 5.0 performance. It's funny because Jim Bell(KennyBell) came to the event specifically for the Terminator/GT500 class because of Mark Merings(excuse the spelling) insane GT500.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
When is the name change to 5.0 Performance?

He means that you have more BG coverage of coyote mustangs & fox bodies(non-SVT) then Terminators(SVT) or GT500s for that matter. Actually you didn't cover any shots of the Terminator/GT500 class qualifing. So we're all wondering why call the site SVTPerformance, just call it 5.0 performance. It's funny because Jim Bell(KennyBell) came to the event specifically for the Terminator/GT500 class because of Mark Merings(excuse the spelling) insane GT500.

That's kinda rude to say (to the above).:bs: You guys are more than welcome to go out, take pics yourselves, and post them up (like most SVT'ers do on the site). Hey you may even get a FREE shirt out of it. . & Really where does it read that SVTP would cover it? **Stop bashing and let SVTP know about these SVT events (before they happen).

Last edited:

black-plasma

Established Member
It's not rude or bashing, it's reminding SVTP that they have forgot about the car (03-04 Cobra) that made this website what it is. Jim couldn't even get permission to make the event a sticky in the Terminator section, lol. If anything that would be called selling out on SVTP's part. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, I'm just pointing out the obvious lack of interest. For example, one of the Mods of the Terminator section hasn't logged in since 2011. Two have zero recent posts in the section and Jimmy is the newest one and only one active.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's not rude or bashing, it's reminding SVTP that they have forgot about the car (03-04 Cobra) that made this website what it is. Jim couldn't even get permission to make the event a sticky in the Terminator section, lol. If anything that would be called selling out on SVTP's part. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, I'm just pointing out the obvious lack of interest.

I still haven't received any of the correspondence from him about the sticky so I can examine the circumstances surrounding the request. Also, while the Terminator is definitely a big part of SVTP (there were several pics of them in the coverage on earlier pages) the site actually received its initial big bump from Lightnings. SVTP was actually founded by CSVT owners.

As for the Shootout, we were specifically invited to the event to cover the Coyote class and were therefore obligated to provide a certain level of coverage. That means that sacrifices have to be made in other places. When it's just a couple of people trying to shoot both pics and vids while also posting live event coverage some things are just going to fall through the cracks; there's just no way around it. IMO the Terminator/GT500 Shootout was not marketed as well as it could have been. That's something I hope we can help NMRA with next year.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread