SVTPP suspension versus standard GT500 suspension

vankuen

Established Member
Everything I've been reading as far as specs go show detailed info on the standard GT500 suspension, like the front being "Independent MacPherson strut with “Reverse L” lower control arm, 34mm stabilizer bar" and the rear being "Three-link solid axle with coil springs, Panhard rod, 24mm stabilizer bar; Twin-tube, gas shocks".

When discussing the SVTPP--we get "3.73 Limited slip; Forged aluminum wheels, Front P265/40ZR19, Rear P285/35ZR20 tires; Upgraded front/rear springs & shocks; Unique Shelby top and side stripes; Spoiler and Gear shift knob"

Does anyone have the more detailed specs for the suspension stuff? Like the spring rates, what the differences in the shocks are, etc? I mean..."upgraded" doesn't really give us a whole lot to go on when comparing aftermarket suspensions with the SVT stuff.

Last edited:

vankuen

Established Member
Try reading your own search. There's nothing that gives spring rates. At best we have a percentage increase over factory spring rates. But we dont know what that is either. What I'm looking for is lb/in or kg/mm.

Also realize that I have been looking around hence the wording of my original post. I however use ford's spec sheets and media as the sources.

So if someone wanted to find out whether or not x brand of springs would improve over stock, how would you answer that question? The answer is that you can't, because there's nothing to base it off of.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Try reading your own search. There's nothing that gives spring rates. At best we have a percentage increase over factory spring rates. But we dont know what that is either. What I'm looking for is lb/in or kg/mm.

Also realize that I have been looking around hence the wording of my original post. I however use ford's spec sheets and media as the sources.

So if someone wanted to find out whether or not x brand of springs would improve over stock, how would you answer that question? The answer is that you can't, because there's nothing to base it off of.
odds are you won't be finding that info, i would suggest calling up SVT.

vankuen

Established Member
Yeaaaa....I'm starting to think that's the only place to find it. Odd though that we'd get info like 3:73 gears, or the size of the roll bar, panhard rods, gear ratios on the gear box...and they leave out something as simple as spring rates for either the stock or the SVTPP.

I mean if you're going to claim x% higher you'd think that they'd at least put the baseline down on the spec sheets. I guess I'll be calling the SVT team and I'll let everyone here know what I find for any of the other suspension-minded folks here.

Users who are viewing this thread