SVTPerformance Ruins Your Workday Productivity

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal
Established Member
Great stuff!

So the cylinder head cross drilling is to cool the exhaust valves. The front lower side ducts are for an oil and rear axle cooler(s). And it sounds like the Tremec 6060 does get a traditional transmission tailshaft assembly (which would imply an integral shifter).

I watched the segment on "not using a bigger tire out back" and knew where he was going before he finished a sentence. In concert with his "Track Pack" comments on the other video along with his statement about what some of the finer sportscars use up front I see the approach but I still find fault with it. A 285 up front isn't a killer if it would have allowed balance with a 315 or bigger out back. Remember what he said, that there were three types of Mustang GT500 owners. Hence, SVT decided that the drag crowd could manage with a narrow rear tire out back by revising gearing and utilizing better electronic control because the steering was so much better with a 265 up front.

Technology is great and all...but I still wanted more rear tire!

You're right, but I think Ford also knows that the street guy and the road-race guy will want that balanced setup, and may run it the way it is from the showroom. However, they know that the drag race guy will throw on Slicks & skinnies for the track (like most of us do). By sticking with the 285 they can please the street guy (who may not care) & the road race guy who wants the crisp handling and steering.

Just my .02 :beer:

Last edited:

kyle jones

Established Member
The rear tire is fine, I can deal with that, what I can't get over is that you can't put a rim with decent sized lip on the back without doing major modification to the rearend. Ford should put a spacer on the back rim of that car, so that you CAN get a good looking rim on the back of it, my dad has an 06 convertible Mustang GT, and he hates that he cant put a rim with lip on the rear of that car, thats a major reason the car is still rolling on stock rims, it's supercharged and everything, now he's got to lower the rearend just to make the back end look like he could with the older model mustangs he has owned.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Thanks for the great vids, but if I hear that guy say, "Umm" or "Ahh" again....I'm going to SLAP someone.

lol

I don't understand why they would have someone with such HORRIFIC presentation skills showcasing their brand new pride and joy??? TERRIBLE!

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
I got a kick on the engine video how the cam has a little notation on it saying 'precision machined...' lol, isnt that kind of assumed or did they used to break cams out of a cast and clean em up with a hatchet?

FORCE FED

Ridin da train!
Established Member
I wonder why they didn't use coyote style vvt?

Gotta save something for the next time around.:burnout:

God I hope they keep at least the 2013 and 2014 the same saving any big changes for the 2015. I don't want to have 2010 all over again. Great videos!

Exactly what I was thinking... I sold my 04 Cobra getting ready for the purchase of a new 2013 GT500. But beings they've given us the 5.8 without vvt I'm defefintly going to hold off until they offer the complete package... 5.8 with vvt before I lay down this kinda $$$.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I don't understand why they would have someone with such HORRIFIC presentation skills showcasing their brand new pride and joy??? TERRIBLE!

Perhaps because he's the chief engineer? You guys need to show a little respect. Jamal was doing this as a favor for SVTP, and he was basically just going of the cuff here. Would you have rather we just talked to one of the random people walking around who only know the details they learned from their script? If I were a more talented video editor I could have made it look better, but alas I am not.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Perhaps because he's the chief engineer? You guys need to show a little respect. Jamal was doing this as a favor for SVTP, and he was basically just going of the cuff here. Would you have rather we just talked to one of the random people walking around who only know the details they learned from their script? If I were a more talented video editor I could have made it look better, but alas I am not.

+1

Ever heard George W or Obama talk without their teleprompters?

racerbox77

Established Member
I watched the vids on the new ZL-1 Camaro and KNEW that SVT would match them on it. Damn I love Mustangs!!

I wish I could afford a 2013 but Ill just keep beatin the snot outta my 93 that Ford built 20 years ago and is still goin strong!

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member

x10000. I would rather listen an an actual ENGINEER describe these cars than some idiot spokesperson. Who cares if he stammers a little bit. Awesome vids Travis.

Dandy

Established Member
I just wish that they would drop the "Shelby" and stick with the SVT badging. In all honesty, this is not a "Shelby" and the cost of having the Shelby nameplate on what is basically an SVT Cobra is probably directly recuperated from the customer. I like to say that I have a Shelby, but if it were the same car, cost a few bucks less and was just an SVT Cobra, I would be more happy.

Great Videos, by the way, they have tempted me yet again to sell my 2010 and wait on a '13 or '14. Thank You!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread