SVTPerformance member GRIMREAPER ripped me off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
Here's a link to his thread in the For Sale forum:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262502

Here is a full description of the intake manifold scam that he conducted, with pictures of what he said he was selling and pictures of what I was shipped:
Ported and polished intake manifold scam

Long story short:
He advertised a fully ported and polished intake manifold by Hensler Racing. What I was shipped was a COMPLETELY STOCK intake manifold that just had a layer of epoxy slathered on the outside to make it look like it was cut open.

It was NOT cut open. NO port work was done whatsoever. :bs:

I asked for my money back last Thursday when I received it. He said he would give me my money back. Yet here I am 5 days later.. still without any refund.

Needless to say... I am not happy!! :mj: :cuss:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Dam, hasnt grimreaper been on the boards for a while, you would think you could trust someone whos been around a while.

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
cobra2798 said:
Dam, hasnt grimreaper been on the boards for a while, you would think you could trust someone whos been around a while.

Funny, that's what I thought...

Last Thursday he said he would give me my money back. Friday I get a message that he is going to send it on Friday, Saturday at latest. Still no money. I have been more than patient waiting for a simple paypal transaction and gave him 5 days to remedy the situation without posting anything about the transaction.

Stitch

Established Member
Did you buy it through PayPal? That's why I don't buy or sell stuff to members that have only been here for a month or two and have so few posts.

Plus, ever think its odd that a guy with a 2000 or so GT is selling a 01 Cobra intake?

Edit: I see that you did. Best bet is to file a complaint with PayPal ASAP. The longer you wait, the harder time you will have getting your money back.

Last edited:

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Man, that sucks...I hope you guys work this out soon. I'd hat to think that this place was going to become another EBAy in terms of being a "Buyer Beware" type of market.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
holy shit, that is such bullshit. He didn't even try to make the one he sent look like the one in the picture.

lol at the epoxy smeared on the outside.

what a :loser:

goodluck receiving your funds back.

RoyWoods

Established Member
Stitch said:
Did you buy it through PayPal? That's why I don't buy or sell stuff to members that have only been here for a month or two and have so few posts.

Plus, ever think its odd that a guy with a 2000 or so GT is selling a 01 Cobra intake?

Edit: I see that you did. Best bet is to file a complaint with PayPal ASAP. The longer you wait, the harder time you will have getting your money back.

That stinks. I hope you get everything worked out.

Of course you had no way of knowing, but it also seems strange to me that someone with a '00 GT would have a lower intake manifold with a production date of 2/99. I just took mine off, and the production date sticker was dated within a month of when I got the car.

By the way, I think your link does an excellent job of showing people what to look for when they buy a P&P manifold, as well as explaining what is accomplished through the P&P process. If it's any consolation, maybe it'll help someone else out in the future.

Tyler Manwell

4.6 DOHC
Established Member
man that sucks. get one actually from jimmy on here i have his email address for you. he did awesome work and its not epoxied back together its all tig welded he changed that because some of the cars that where FI would blow the bottom off, thats what i think he told me. i have some pics of the swap if you want to see them. pm me your email and i will send them.

Last edited:

UCBeau

wow what a load of crap. sorry to hear you got ripped off, i was actually considering buying that "fully ported intake" from the guy.

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
wow what a load of crap. sorry to hear you got ripped off, i was actually considering buying that "fully ported intake" from the guy.

Consider yourself very lucky :(

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
grimreefer said:
Just want to make sure no one confuses GRIMREAPER with grimreefer. :thumbsup:

Absolutely! It was not "grimreefer".

I am still waiting for my refund from "GRIMREAPER".

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
grimreefer said:
Just want to make sure no one confuses GRIMREAPER with grimreefer. :thumbsup:

haha..when I first read the thread really quickly I was about to call you and ream you one Chris.

Ericr67

The Cobra Beast
Established Member
Dude that really sucks! That is plain and simple fraud! I can't believe another member would crap on you like that. Maybe Hensler Racing will give you a break on a port an polish job seeing that you thought you were buying some of their work :-D From what I hear they are one of the best in the business.

P.S. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest GRIMREAPER's armpits. What an ass-licking son-of-a-bitch! :loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread