SVTP stock pick thread.

MG0h3

Established Member
I was looking at yesterday's sector breakdown after the market close. Financials, energy, consumer staples and utilities were all negative for the day.

All the money flew to tech or “growth”.

When this cycle cools, they’ll flow back to those you listed as a defense.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Saleen498

Established Member
CYN just took a massive dump. Good time to start a position. Looks like a huge amount of short shares were returned on the dump and earnings are next week.

VegasMichael

Established Member
My carvana stock is up 800% in the last year.
Too bad i bought around 200 lol
Are you an undercover forum moderator?
1709065610150.png

Saleen498

Established Member
Do you see any upside?

The 50 is under the 200 sharply and the stock is under the 50.

Nothing but bearish signals.

They moved the earnings date up from the 20th to the 5th. Typically they wouldn't do that if it's bad news. I'm in from .185 to about .25 for a 30% in the next week. The chart is bearish but the news coming up looks good. Especially with Amazon backing out of the Irobot deal around the same time CYN announced they have a new deal on the horizon. Pure speculation but worth a 20k share risk. Worst case i have to average in until a pop gets me out in the green

Saleen498

Established Member
Do you see any upside?

The 50 is under the 200 sharply and the stock is under the 50.

Nothing but bearish signals.

They moved the earnings date up from the 20th to the 5th. Typically they wouldn't do that if it's bad news. I'm in from .185 to about .25 for a 30% in the next week. The chart is bearish but the news coming up looks good. Especially with Amazon backing out of the Irobot deal around the same time CYN announced they have a new deal on the horizon. Pure speculation but worth a 20k share risk. Worst case i have to average in until a pop gets me out in the green

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Anyone else feeling like a shoe is about to drop? All my Capital Market company quarterly reports read the same. We have accumulated significant dry powder for expected attractive opportunities. I like this because I own them, but bad because of the implications, LOL.

Concentration in tech stocks now exceeds levels seen just before the 2000 crash.​

VegasMichael

Established Member
Anyone else feeling like a shoe is about to drop? All my Capital Market company quarterly reports read the same. We have accumulated significant dry powder for expected attractive opportunities. I like this because I own them, but bad because of the implications, LOL.

Concentration in tech stocks now exceeds levels seen just before the 2000 crash.​

I'll admit it's becoming a tad worrisome. However, today's tech companies have revenues and earnings and lower PE's whereas those during the dot bomb period frequently did not. Personally speaking, I'm not committing any new money to the tech sector.

Users who are viewing this thread