SVTP stock pick thread.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
just made $1500 in an hour selling MARA calls
man i fat fingered this one yesterday…was at the horse races and didn’t want to be checking my phone…went to sell what i thought was 1/3 my position and lock in some profit for the weekend(got in at $17.53).

just looked this morning and I’d switched from shares to dollars, so i sold only $300 worth of MARA lol…i sure hope i can fix some of this tmr night, while drunk after Super Bowl, yeah, that’ll work

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
And to prove I'm an idiot, here's my note to myself on Amazon...it dropped below this to 119 I believe, so I completely disregarded it. Tard
9083ce452bc3c3b7a620e4908b556963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
And to prove I'm an idiot, here's my note to myself on Amazon...it dropped below this to 119 I believe, so I completely disregarded it. Tard

I owned it at like 108 a couple years ago and sold it when it was just floundering.

Had I know about options then, I would’ve held it.

I’ve been in and out the last couple weeks when my covered calls get assigned. Pays close to 2% a week on the swing.

Bought 300 @174 on Friday and sold calls at 175 @3.50 that expire coming Friday. Collected 1100 in premium.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I owned it at like 108 a couple years ago and sold it when it was just floundering.

Had I know about options then, I would’ve held it.

I’ve been in and out the last couple weeks when my covered calls get assigned. Pays close to 2% a week on the swing.

Bought 300 @174 on Friday and sold calls at 175 @3.50 that expire coming Friday. Collected 1100 in premium.

I've got multiple tabs pulled up trying to learn how to do this, just haven't got around to it lol. You can trade AMZN on the hourly time frame 6-8 times a month, but I am just loading up on shares, no options yet...simple, yet effective.

I have also been in and out a couple times of TSLA after their earnings drop. I love those trades on the longer time frame. BA and PYPL worked a little bit, but enough bad news to keep me in/out of them very quickly

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I just figured out how to trade options. Once you understand the concept and know what the risks are you can make a ton of money. But you can also loose a ton in seconds if you’re not paying attention.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Schwab now since they bought td Ameritrade. I like it a lot.
I was worried thinkorswim would be affected by this, but I haven't even noticed. I do my charting on that desktop and mobile app and I'm not sure what I'd do without it. Their customer service is top tier also. I use other apps to trade currently because the money you don't trade for the day is earning 5% like a savings account.

MG0h3

Established Member
I've got multiple tabs pulled up trying to learn how to do this, just haven't got around to it lol. You can trade AMZN on the hourly time frame 6-8 times a month, but I am just loading up on shares, no options yet...simple, yet effective.

I have also been in and out a couple times of TSLA after their earnings drop. I love those trades on the longer time frame. BA and PYPL worked a little bit, but enough bad news to keep me in/out of them very quickly

Selling covered calls is the safest options trade you can make. As long as you can sell at or above your cost basis, you can’t lose. Possible that you miss some gains but if it’s still a good buy, just buy it back.

TSLA options pay well too. It’s due to volatility so you have to keep an eye on the underlying equity. I actually misspoke above. I let my Amazon go and moved to TSLA on Friday which I sold calls on.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member

I rode AMZN from $100 to $135 then cut bait. A week or so ago when watching Prime and they shook me down for I think $2.99 to continue to watch ad free I realized they were just going to print even more Amazollars so I bought back in at $157. It's up just under 10% since then.

Users who are viewing this thread