SVTP stock pick thread.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Forgot about thread... Back in September I started investing for the first time. I think the timing is right, so I jumped into the Canadian cannabis sector. It has been unbelievable.

4 of my 9 holdings have doubled since September. This, while the Canadian legalization is still 6 months away.

I think the Cannabis movement has reached the point of no return. The US has to reconsider as both neighbors to the North and South are giving up this 'war' on a plant.
What were these? How did your other 5 perform? When you say point of no return you mean it will continue to progress or no longer profitable?

pwrshft99

Established Member
What were these? How did your other 5 perform? When you say point of no return you mean it will continue to progress or no longer profitable?

Canopy Growth has been my power house. They signed a deal with the company that bottles and markets Corona. That got me my first chunk of profit. I then took positions with their competition, Aurora Cannabis and Aphrina (sp?) which have also proved fruitful.

I took a gamble on a hemp drink company from California called Tinley Beverage. They jumped up 50% in the last two days to put me right around 99%. It's been an incredible ride, and I say that not playing with much money to begin with.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Where are you guys finding these stocks? I feel like I'm in an old library and don't know the Dewey Decimal System.

pwrshft99

Established Member
I always had interest in legal cannabis and started following the sector over the summer. Ill link the subreddit I read alot but do your own research.

https://www.reddit.com/r/weedstocks/

People laughed when I tell them what I'm investing in. Tell me I'm better off with lotto tickets. Last week I had 4 digits gains for the first time, think in doing ok.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Forgot about thread... Back in September I started investing for the first time. I think the timing is right, so I jumped into the Canadian cannabis sector. It has been unbelievable.

4 of my 9 holdings have doubled since September. This, while the Canadian legalization is still 6 months away.

I think the Cannabis movement has reached the point of no return. The US has to reconsider as both neighbors to the North and South are giving up this 'war' on a plant.
Which pot stocks did you buy?

Rare R

Established Member
Looking for thoughts on tickers
HEMP bought at .04
hemp and marijuana

MGTI bought at 2.22
Bitcoin/cryptocurrency mining and
cyber security.
Thank you

Never_Enough

Established Member
Looking for thoughts on tickers
HEMP bought at .04
hemp and marijuana

MGTI bought at 2.22
Bitcoin/cryptocurrency mining and
cyber security.
Thank you
Sold my MGTI when it hit around $8 last week. I bought back in on the dip & sold again. Not sure I will buy again

Blackness03

Established Member
I'm bought into a cheap weed stock. We will see how it goes. I don't know much about weed stocks or cheap stocks. When do you know it's time to sell?

pwrshft99

Established Member
I'm bought into a cheap weed stock. We will see how it goes. I don't know much about weed stocks or cheap stocks. When do you know it's time to sell?

Depending on who you bought, I'd hold thru Canada July 1st legalization date atleast.

I had an unbelievable run up this week and people are predicting big things next week. I guess Canadians have fresh TSFA dollars to spend and the cannabis sector is on fire.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Depending on who you bought, I'd hold thru Canada July 1st legalization date atleast.

I had an unbelievable run up this week and people are predicting big things next week. I guess Canadians have fresh TSFA dollars to spend and the cannabis sector is on fire.

I just sold my CNAB. I may buy back in on a dip.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Im currently very happy with how my "Supreme cannabis" stock has performed.
Got in well below $1 avg/share.(was very low but bought some more after i finally seen some return on oil etf's and brought up avg)
Company is poised to be in good shape as well, and double the capacity of output in an effort to supply market with top shelf product on recreational side, and still supply high end to medical side.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

it s not just cdn's, this is fully an international push

pwrshft99

Established Member
Im currently very happy with how my "Supreme cannabis" stock has performed.
Got in well below $1 avg/share.(was very low but bought some more after i finally seen some return on oil etf's and brought up avg)
Company is poised to be in good shape as well, and double the capacity of output in an effort to supply market with top shelf product on recreational side, and still supply high end to medical side.
I also own Supreme and they up and disappeared from my TD account today. I know they recently changed names but I was a bit nervous to see them completely gone from my ticker.

pwrshft99

Established Member
it s not just cdn's, this is fully an international push

Ive been following the movement for awhile. However I still think the US is the big wildcard in all this. Sessions getting the power he wants, to shut down medical dispensaries, would put a damper on the entire industry.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I also own Supreme and they up and disappeared from my TD account today. I know they recently changed names but I was a bit nervous to see them completely gone from my ticker.
mine shows "FIRE" as the ticker, currently visible in my BMO app

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Ive been following the movement for awhile. However I still think the US is the big wildcard in all this. Sessions getting the power he wants, to shut down medical dispensaries, would put a damper on the entire industry.
Agreed.
With it still in its infancy any little thing upsets it..alot.
Trudeau mentioning the other day that July 1 was not actually the date of legalization sent everything south by 20%
He was just referring to the fact that would be the latest it would be legal, and the lib's have never set a date in stone. But he did say it would not be July 1 in the article I read.
Im optimistic with Supreme I feel they have a good core and hope to see the share through to $10

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
The weed stocks have been up and down but look to be moving again. I had CBIS at .02 and it passed .10 today.

The one I'm kicking myself in the ass on is EMXC.
I've been fooling with some of these funds for a while. I never look back to see what some things I sold ended up doing because of this feeling you get when you missed the boat. I hold most of these pennies long, very long in most cases.
I didn't like this one and held less than a week.
Bought 50,000 shares at .0021
The bitch closed today at $53.93
Do the math and see why I hate to go back and look.
I almost threw up.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
The weed stocks have been up and down but look to be moving again. I had CBIS at .02 and it passed .10 today.

The one I'm kicking myself in the ass on is EMXC.
I've been fooling with some of these funds for a while. I never look back to see what some things I sold ended up doing because of this feeling you get when you missed the boat. I hold most of these pennies long, very long in most cases.
I didn't like this one and held less than a week.
Bought 50,000 shares at .0021
The bitch closed today at $53.93
Do the math and see why I hate to go back and look.
I almost threw up.
Yeah, I’ll drink a beer for you...ouch.

For everyone here, if I say I’m going to buy something and you have it...sell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread