SVTP Mega Millions Jackpot Pool 654 Mil and counting!

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
A5F19192-4A66-409F-B74A-AAFAE3731B54.jpeg

Can’t win if you don’t play.

Blown 89

Established Member
Good God the jackpot is up to 868 million. That's roughly 325 million pocketed with the cash option after federal taxes.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Good God the jackpot is up to 868 million. That's roughly 325 million pocketed with the cash option after federal taxes.

Granted I only play like 3-4 times year, but when it's this big, here's my go to site: Mega Millions Jackpot Analysis | USA Mega

For you in AZ....

Cash
$494,500,000
24% Federal Tax
- $118,680,000
Arizona: 5% State Tax for In-State Residents
- $24,725,000
Your net payout: $346,150,000

Here in FL, I would get $375,820,000

....and these are just the now figures. This will shoot up a lot in the next couple days. 400 million net for no state tax people maybe?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Holy shit.

I didn't realize just how much more they pay you if you take the annuity.

Even though I don't play, I think I might take that route and move to a state that doesn't tax winnings. I could really easily live on $10m+ per year and it would prevent you from going completely broke if you ever went off the rocker.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Holy shit.

Even though I don't play, I think I might take that route and move to a state that doesn't tax winnings. I could really easily live on $10m+ per year and it would prevent you from going completely broke if you ever went off the rocker.
Yep, and get it set up so your wife and kids continue to get paid if you end up blue screened.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

Blown 89

Established Member
Granted I only play like 3-4 times year, but when it's this big, here's my go to site: Mega Millions Jackpot Analysis | USA Mega

For you in AZ....

Cash
$494,500,000
24% Federal Tax
- $118,680,000
Arizona: 5% State Tax for In-State Residents
- $24,725,000
Your net payout: $346,150,000

Here in FL, I would get $375,820,000

....and these are just the now figures. This will shoot up a lot in the next couple days. 400 million net for no state tax people maybe?
Thanks for that! I play from time to time but I drive by a sign every day on the way to work and I love typing the figures into www.lottery-calculator.com and then making my life plans to kill the remaining 20 minute commute. I've had fun seeing how my life plans change based on the amount I'd get in cash. It's made for interesting discussions when I've had passengers too.

Blown 89

Established Member
Holy shit.

I've seen a lot of people run the numbers and even investing conservatively you end up with more money taking the cash option. If you have $22.8 million in the bank you make a lot less in interest if you have $364 million and that interest compounds.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've seen a lot of people run the numbers and even investing conservatively you end up with more money taking the cash option. If you have $22.8 million in the bank you make a lot less in interest if you have $364 million and that interest compounds.
That is true.

Users who are viewing this thread