SVTP.....Meet Death.....

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
Found this wonderful harmless playful thing hiding right where I needed to put my hand today at work......Thank god the 2 foot tall web caught my attention or I wouldn't be alive right now....

This is the biggest Black Widow I have ever seen. For reference the pipe right behind it is 1 1/2 conduit. This thing was over an inch long.

Ok lets see who the pansys are....

(sorry cellphone pics...)

C360_2011-07-0709-50-57.jpg

C360_2011-07-0709-51-38.jpg

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
See that big ol backhoe in the background? Only thing i used it for was to kill that thing......

not really.....

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I caught a black widow next to my sliding door window, which is another door in my room.

It wasn't as big as that, but I did put it in a bottle.
Damn can't remember where I put the bottle or where I put the pics I took to show my girl.

I was hoping to catch more since the one just outside my room was a decent size. I don't understand why you guys freak out with spiders.

One thing I noticed when I caught that sucker was how much stronger their webs are compared to other spiders. For example: if you run into a spider web and notice the webbing is very strong and you can pull the web off and still be a complete string without breaking it too much, it might be a black widow.

Users who are viewing this thread