SVTP Examines Early 2015 Mustang Quality Issues

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
What would be different? I imagine an MGW would make a world of difference in the shifter department.

I was talking about the interior as a whole. Mine is very nice. I have several friends with '12-'14 GT's (7 to be exact, damn lol) and they all love the interior in my car.

As for the shifter, it's fine for regular driving but I don't like it for racing. It'll get swapped for an MGW. Then again, I hate ALL stock shifters for racing. I've swapped out the shifter in every manual car I've owned so it's nothing new and actually expected.

14ksstang

Established Member
Yesterday I had another issue with my car. Everything was fine I shut the car off and ran in the store. I come out start the car and the radio won't come on. I shut the car off and back on and nothing. And hour later I call my ford dealer to set up a time to get it in, which that is another issue in its own, but while one the phone with the car off and nothing able to be on the radio just turns on by its self. Wonder if this is just a software issue?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yesterday I had another issue with my car. Everything was fine I shut the car off and ran in the store. I come out start the car and the radio won't come on. I shut the car off and back on and nothing. And hour later I call my ford dealer to set up a time to get it in, which that is another issue in its own, but while one the phone with the car off and nothing able to be on the radio just turns on by its self. Wonder if this is just a software issue?

Probably just had an update.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Most likely something to do with Sync. Once in my '12 Focus while on my way home from work the entire touch screen froze. I couldn't access anything. I pulled over and turned the car off and back on again and still nothing. I continued the drive home (~45 mins) and when I got there still nothing. I went back out to the car later on to mess with it and it came on and rebooted and started working fine. Never did it again.

randotheking

Established Member
If you really want to know what going on I'm going to tell you the truth and the truth hurts ! There are people now assembling these cars that are making 12.67 an hour at the base or starting pay . For that kind of money do you really think that they give a shit ? Ford and the unions caused this problem !

People that work at In and out Hamburgers that I know make more than that ! If you think its going to get any better in the coming years your fooling your self. Just on a side note GM with there Camaros are just as bad as Ford in the assembly and QC departments.

I just saw out in in southern California at one of the Honda plants they are hiring for sub assembly and production line for 12.43 an hour (lol) Once again in life you pay for what you get so if all these manufactures want to low ball there employees well this is the shit your going to get in return .

And as always have a nice day !
Have you ever seen a car assembly line? Easiest work I've ever seen. I worked harder at the Taco Bell drive thru

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you ever seen a car assembly line? Easiest work I've ever seen. I worked harder at the Taco Bell drive thru

Lol oh come on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

randotheking

Established Member
Lol oh come on.

Seriously.

There's nothing hard about filling the washer fluid or tightening a few bolts. That's not hard work. Repetitive yes, hard no.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Seriously.

There's nothing hard about filling the washer fluid or tightening a few bolts. That's not hard work. Repetitive yes, hard no.

Some jobs on assembly lines are hard.

blownstang01

Established Member
I will put a very BIG Caveat on the following.... I am in No Way Endorsing foreign made or foreign owned car manufacturer's, anyone who knows me also knows my feelings on how they were allowed to ruin the American car companies. Now, with that being said.

These type of problems IMO are more of an engineering / manufacturing (the parts) than final assembly problem. I remember way back in the early to mid 90's when I worked in a Ford/Lincoln/Mazda dealership body shop. Even back then I would notice when a Mazda or other Foreign make came in for crash repair that the tolerances were very, very minimal compared to USA based stuff. For instance, if you ever look at a fender on one of those cars the bolt holding it on was a 6mm, and I bet the hole was no bigger than 6.5mm and these cars had near perfect gaps. No shims, no adjustment, nothing, just very tight tolerances. Does that mean they are better ?? I don't know the answer to that. But, with the public getting more and more fussy and the ability to share your results all over the world, our manufacturer's have to do a better job. Now, I'm off to check my '15...........:dw:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I will put a very BIG Caveat on the following.... I am in No Way Endorsing foreign made or foreign owned car manufacturer's, anyone who knows me also knows my feelings on how they were allowed to ruin the American car companies. Now, with that being said.

These type of problems IMO are more of an engineering / manufacturing (the parts) than final assembly problem. I remember way back in the early to mid 90's when I worked in a Ford/Lincoln/Mazda dealership body shop. Even back then I would notice when a Mazda or other Foreign make came in for crash repair that the tolerances were very, very minimal compared to USA based stuff. For instance, if you ever look at a fender on one of those cars the bolt holding it on was a 6mm, and I bet the hole was no bigger than 6.5mm and these cars had near perfect gaps. No shims, no adjustment, nothing, just very tight tolerances. Does that mean they are better ?? I don't know the answer to that. But, with the public getting more and more fussy and the ability to share your results all over the world, our manufacturer's have to do a better job. Now, I'm off to check my '15...........:dw:

I've been told by those in the know that the tolerances were tighter on the S-197 cars than the S550.

hand-filer

Established Member
I will put a very BIG Caveat on the following.... I am in No Way Endorsing foreign made or foreign owned car manufacturer's, anyone who knows me also knows my feelings on how they were allowed to ruin the American car companies.

American car companies were on a downward spiral of their own making. You can thank the foreign car manufacturers for Domestic cars being as good as they are nowadays.

I shudder to think of what shit piles we would be driving if they didn't have to compete on a global level.

Users who are viewing this thread