Svtp electricians

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Normally outlets on the same circuit are "daisy-chained" meaning there'd be two Romex entering each box (except for the last one on the circuit). But since that doesn't appear to be the case, I would def check out what's inside those covered j-boxes.

beau t

Established Member
It Seems as if there is an open between each of the hot, neutral and ground wires. It is a stretch to reach and read the meter though and the wife is in no mood to help tonight

you can make up a jumper wire if needed, or next time your at auto zone pick up 1 of these
4.jpg

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well this is frustrating, the outlets seemingly fixed themselves. I wonder if monkeying with a couple of the outlets reestablished a connection

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171111-202905.jpg
    Screenshot_20171111-202905.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 45

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Normally outlets on the same circuit are "daisy-chained" meaning there'd be two Romex entering each box (except for the last one on the circuit). But since that doesn't appear to be the case, I would def check out what's inside those covered j-boxes.

At least 2 of the outlets only have 1 3 wire romex cable going to them. Obviously there is a splice and/or junction in the wall/ceiling for each of the outlets

blk02edge

Established Member
Well this is frustrating, the outlets seemingly fixed themselves. I wonder if monkeying with a couple of the outlets reestablished a connection
Next time check voltage on the side screws, not through the prong holes...

Users who are viewing this thread