SVTCOA - Why?

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
What's the point? Becides getting a Steeda discount why would anyone pay $15 per year? What do you get? Is it worth it?

Also - why do they need all this information on my car and where I purchased it? Why is that important? Maybe I'm just in a pissed off mood today, but who do they think they are? They also want a copy of the window sticker.

I went to one of their local events last week at Steeda. I tried to be friendly and said hello - they were even having a waffle breakfast for $5, but did not offer anything to me and my group. They hardly even said hello back to us. I've gotta wonder if I even want to associate with them... but I like the 10% off Steeda stuff.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unless the dealer initiates the membership process. I remember when I bought my Cobra it was a couple of months and I hadn't heard from SVTOA about my membership. So I called them. They told me that the dealer was supposed to initiate the membership process but apparently didn't. They took my name and address, and dealer name if I remember right. A couple of weeks later I got my membership packet.

The first year of membership is free and then you have to pay an annual fee after the first year.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
SVTOA membership gets you the ability to participate in SVTOA events. If you do not have an SVTOA chapter in your area, it may not be worth it to you.

The discount is not only for Steeda, but also Paul's HP, Kenny Brown Performance, and others. I've saved well over $100 already on parts, so that is worth it to me alone. But we have the Windy City SVTOA chapter here so I get to attend meetings, events, parties, etc :)

Mike

03DSG

I didnt think you had to be a svtoa member to participate in the events. I read on the buttwillow web site that you dont have to be a svtoa member to participate in the october 31 event. Probably a couple dollars cheaper though if you are.

AMB

Established Member
Buttonwillow SVTOA Event

If you look at the Flyer is says to ADD $40 for NON-SVTOA MEMBERS.

AMB

Users who are viewing this thread