"SVT Treatment" at dealerships?

mav_tu

Established Member
I had heard dealerships offered some preferred treatment to SVT owners, e.g., loaner cars, wash/vac, whenever they are in for service. I asked a local dealership about the wash when I was in a couple days ago and they shot me a line about it only being good as long as the vehicle is in warranty. They pulled up their system (Oracle or Oasis of something like that), and with a bewildered look on his face said, "Oh, it's non-expiring. We can set you up for the free wash/vac."

Question is, does anyone know what all the perks are? And has anyone taken advantage of them lately, or been given some line about them not doing it anymore? Just curious what treatment my car is entitled to!

Thanks!

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I wouldn't want a dealership washing my car even if it's free.

The perks are listed in the SVT pamphlet that comes with SVT vehicles. A loaner car is the only perk worth taking IMO, and it will likely be a POS focus or similar.

203Cree

Established Member
I got a rental out of a stealer once. Taurus, back before they were ok. Lame. Better than nothing though.

phillycobra99

Established Member
FYI dont ever allow a dealership to wash your car. I work at one and they use dirty water and hard bristled brushes. They also use dirty towels to dry your car. May look fine but under certain lighting youll see a million swirls

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Just curious what treatment my car is entitled to!

Delicate hand washing by you with proper car care products after researching the proper way to wash a car.

Any other process is the quickest way known to man to **** up perfectly good paint.

tj04cobra

Established Member
FYI dont ever allow a dealership to wash your car. I work at one and they use dirty water and hard bristled brushes. They also use dirty towels to dry your car. May look fine but under certain lighting youll see a million swirls

The Ford dealer that I used to work at was the same way. A huge bucket of soap/water and dirty ass brushes. Then we got a drive thru wash that was expensive as hell and beat the shit out of the side of a car.

BittenInBama

Established Member
When the local dealership here "upgraded" to an automatic car wash, one of the first cars thru got its side mirror ripped off as well as the antenna. The latter beat the living crap out of the side of the car.

mav_tu

Established Member
Thanks guys! I wasn't planning on letting them wash it. I'm headed back to the dealer today so they can finish the gas pedal recall. I'll ask about the loaner car, as I don't feel like sitting at Ford for two hours.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
bah svt treatment yeah right I never got shit from the stealership. all I ever got was "stop beating on your car" when it was in for tranny warranty

they did wash my car once tho and my heart skipped a beat when I saw it was clean yikes I don't wanna know can only imagine

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe that loaner cars are only offered if one is available. Not all dealers have loaners. My old Infiniti dealer always provided a loaner car. My Ford dealer told me a loaner would be provided IF one was available. Check with your dealer as far as their loaner policy.

Ditto about car washes. NEVER let a dealer wash your car. My old Infiniti dealer used an automatic car wash. I always told them "thanks, but no thanks". LOL!

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Thanks guys! I wasn't planning on letting them wash it. I'm headed back to the dealer today so they can finish the gas pedal recall. I'll ask about the loaner car, as I don't feel like sitting at Ford for two hours.

I'm sure their two hour estimate includes a few WOT blasts to ensure the pedal and carpet don't interfere after the carpet shield is in place. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread