***SVT Side Exhaust?***

cobra-boss

Established Member
I have a Shinoda chin spoiler on my 94 cobra...looks great!! Also on the car are CDC side scoops and export fender flairs. The only good thing about it being fiberglass is that if something happens to it I can fix it my self. I did have to add some extra bracing to the front bumper because it dose add some front down force.

Jim

9804SNAKES

Established Member
I think everyone missing the point here. I'm aware of the aftermarket side exhaust skirts, but the side skirts on the first pic say SVT not SVO! Well, maybe I been away too long. It's new to me. :shrug:

I'm on your wavelength. I've never seen them either. Just the SVO ones.

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
It's not that hard to make, you just need some good tools and precision. I just thought these SVT'd skirts where finally being manufactured that's why I got :banana:

streetpilot

Established Member
I have a set sitting at the house that I bought used a few years ago. I ran the exhaust system without the skirts for a while. The SVT side exhaust skirts are fiberglass, and they were an original Ford part offered to the public in the same manner as everything that is now found in the Ford Racing catalog.

The look is really cool, but I haven't decided what I want to do with it since it's made of fiberglass. I'm just afraid I'd hit a pothole somewhere and end up cracking the skirts going too low.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Real item. Ford was a polyurethane, ABC's are fiberglass. I had the ABC's on my car at one time....took them off, too low, exhaust is 3 ft away from your ear.

Yeah, the Borla kit was fiberglass and I can honestly say putting fiberglass sideskirts on was the biggest waste of money - I had them screwed in on my first vert but any little thing hits it and BOOM - easy to rip off.

I bet the polyurethane ones are much better - I thought ABC's were poly - oh well.

You can find the tips on f/s forums here and there - but you had to tweak them like a mother****er to get them in synch on both sides.

Best car on here with the side exhaust is the white SN95 in Montana (I think) and Rio's car. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread