svt raptor engine over heating

red gt500

Established Member
hay ..
i am a new member in the 2011 raptor ..and i was pleased with the off road performance
but was really surprised with the engine over heating when i am off road ..in our country we have a 100-90 F so its pretty hot

is there any solution for my problem ?

thanks

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
I've beaten on my Raptor on 100+ degree days and no overheating. I doubt yours did. Any pics showing you own a Raptor and / or it overheating?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
What did it do to make you think it was over-heating? If it was in fact getting too hot it's likely due to an obstruction blocking air flow to the radiator.

red gt500

Established Member
i am sure it was the engine temp ..and it hapind only when i started to claiming a hill and i was Redlining the engine to go to the top off the hell for 20 seconds

and on the LCD screen it shows( the ecu starts to lower the power due to engine over heating)

and the trans temp 200-210 f

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Solution: Don't redline the engine for 20 seconds at a time in 100* heat.

Problem solved. Don't think any engine would stand up to that without the coolant temps skyrocketing. Minimal airflow + high RPM's = overheating everytime.

red gt500

Established Member
Solution: Don't redline the engine for 20 seconds at a time in 100* heat.

Problem solved. Don't think any engine would stand up to that without the coolant temps skyrocketing. Minimal airflow + high RPM's = overheating everytime.

then why did the name it(built ford though).. if i wuold not beat the hell out of it !!

i might buy a toyota prius and drive like a normal guy :D:D..

the solution is :a big aftermarket radiator and a thormostat ..but the problem is i dont know where to buy it:shrug:..

Last edited:

Neutrinodl18

Established Member
then why did the name it(built ford though).. if i wuold not beat the hell out of it !!

the solution is :a big aftermarket radiator and a thormostat ..but the problem is i dont know where to buy it:shrug:..

It hurts to read your posts.:poke:

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member

Solution is sell the truck to someone with an i.q. over 15 and then GTFO.

Users who are viewing this thread