SVT Premium Service

vbguy01

Established Member
Does anyone have a definitive answer as to what "SVT Premium Service" entails? Not much info via search except for extended warranties etc. Thanks in advance.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
they're supposed to provide free carwashes too.....

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
did you guys know you can take your car in to an SVT dealer and request a free car wash at anytime!!?? My dealer told me I can have my car washed as long as I own the car even if I am not getting service! I have done it a couple times, but I kinda enjoy washing my own car :D

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
My dealer said he knows nothing about this. Where did you guys see that free car wash deal, so that I can show them?

noslo50

Established Member
I just got my (SVT welcome kit) in the mail today it gives the specs, but the wash says it has to be in for service.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I was told any time I have my Cobra serviced, for ANYTHING, at ANY Ford dealer, regardless of what's being done (oil change, tire rotation, muffler bearings, piston return springs, etc.), that I was entitled to a complimentary wash and vacuum.

As far as just pulling in off the street and telling 'em to wash it, I don't think that's standard policy!

vbguy01 - Didn't you get the big thick pamplet covering the "SVT Premium Service" program and what all it covers? Damn, $2000 and you didn't even get the little book?

U.M.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by KNGOBRA
NO charge from the scratches that come with that FREE wash

u bet, that's why I would never take them up on the offer...those porters are way too busy to do the kind of job that we do.

Same with free oil changes...even if the tech is competent and caring, they never have enough time to let the oil drain long enough to satisfy me...

vbguy01

Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat

vbguy01 - Didn't you get the big thick pamplet covering the "SVT Premium Service" program and what all it covers? Damn, $2000 and you didn't even get the little book?

I haven't received my Cobra yet... 2 more weeks... Just trying to get a clarification on this issue.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Yes, we get a rental up to $28 per day free of charge. They are to wash (not that I want them to) and vacuum the car.

If they give you a hard time you can:

1) show them...it's in your manual

or

2) tell them it is in the "ACES 2 MANUAL SECTION 3-54"

Hope this helps.

Chris

:beer:

CWCobra

Established Member
Yeah, but then they tell you...

"you're supposed to get a free loaner, but all our loaners are out...we don't have any more, sorry."

Happens a lot.

Peace,
CW

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
As with everything else ....

If you want it done right, do it yourself

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Yeah, I was kinda thinking about the scratches on my baby myself. I have a bunch of Zaino on it already, and this stuff is expensive. I don't want to have to reapply it everytime. Maybe the free car wash thing is not such a good idea. I found it in the manual. It has a * that points to something that basically says "For participating dealers only... and check with your dealer, etc." so it leaves it pretty much up to the dealer. It doesn't look like I'm gonna use the service, but it pissed me off that the dealer pretended he knew nothing about it. Well, maybe he really didn't, but I wonder if he'd do it if I asked him to. Oh, well, blah blah blah.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by byevette
Yes, we get a rental up to $28 per day free of charge. They are to wash (not that I want them to) and vacuum the car.

If they give you a hard time you can:

1) show them...it's in your manual

or

2) tell them it is in the "ACES 2 MANUAL SECTION 3-54"

Hope this helps.

Chris

When I picked up my new '03 Cobra, I leafed through the SVT manual addendum and found the reference to the Premium Service. Showed it to the dealership's SVT coordinator (the owner's son). I was kidding him about what time does service open so I could stop by every day on the way to work and get the complimentary wash and vacuum. He mumbled something about calling Ford's legal department, and advised that the offer is ONLY valid when getting repairs done.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Originally posted by harry gilbert
When I picked up my new '03 Cobra, I leafed through the SVT manual addendum and found the reference to the Premium Service. Showed it to the dealership's SVT coordinator (the owner's son). I was kidding him about what time does service open so I could stop by every day on the way to work and get the complimentary wash and vacuum. He mumbled something about calling Ford's legal department, and advised that the offer is ONLY valid when getting repairs done.

Correct, generally it is up to the dealer about when they will wash the car. However, every authorized SVT dealer is required to, if wanted, wash and vacuum the car.

In regards to the loaner\rental: they are supposed to provide a loaner, if available, if not, they should call Enterprise for example.

Now, this is not just for an oil change, it is for work that will take in excess of 3 hours.

Hope this helps.

a94cobra

Established Member
My delear didn't know anything about the car washing and the rental car. I showed him the manual and he even made a photocopy. He had to go ask how to bill the stuff out on his computer. I got it washed and had a nice 2002 Yukon for a day.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
My dealer just called me. He said that he had no idea about it, but it turns out that they do provide a free car wash every time I bring the car in for service and that the only thing I have to do is ask for it. Then, I said, I'm not gonna ask for it, cause you guys are gonna scratch my car (in a more polite way), but it's good to know. Now you can advertise it and sell more Cobras.

Users who are viewing this thread