SVT is Dead April 1 (no fools joke)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting article, but it doesn't surprise me at all. This is exactly what I expected will happen. IMO as long as Ford continues to produce performance vehicles like the GT500, consumers will be happy. After all, GM doesn't have a special division for the Corvette and it continues to evolve into a better overall product. Long live performance at FMC.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Yes its a shame but I don't see it changing anything much. I did like the SVT name though..

XLER84.6

Established Member
What difference does it make if the cars are produced within Ford or a seperate division of Ford? If they get made withiin Ford, they can still use the SVT name. I always thought it sounded pretty good. So there won't be anymore Cobras?

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
That sucks. oh well maybe our cars will be worth more now. Looks like SRT's will rule all.damn mopar.

03yellow

Established Member
Dont sell your SVT.

Your car wiil be worth a mint some day!

We have very rare cars already!

SVT04

Established Member
Machinator said:
I could care less what they call it as long as they build products like they Cobra and lightning.

That's just the point.....there won't be any more ..... :eek:

SVT04

Established Member
03yellow said:
Dont sell your SVT.

Your car wiil be worth a mint some day!

We have very rare cars already!

And I wonder how the guys who have been hacking and modifying their Cobras turning them into drag race only cars,generally treating them like some old Chevy Nova will feel when their Cobras which are the last of an era of SVT performance cars become sought after.....Will they be "restoring" them to try to make them worth something again ??? :burnout:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
While I won't change the way I drive my Cobra, this does solidify my decision to jump over to Mopar and pick up a Hemi Charger for the wife (don't ask, I don't know why) and a Challenger for me when they come out. The Cobra at that point will not be a trade in, but a garage queen. I will give it a year before I move forward with this just to get a better feel where Ford is heading. I had given some thought to the GT500, and I have no problems with that car, I am once and for all tired of driving a HP car that has low power twins on the street. I want something different for less than 50K. Of course if Dodge comes out with a V6 challenger, then I'm getting a F150 and a Bass boat and going fishing............

TEABG

Banned
SVT the end no way epically with SRT on their way up. I called SVT and they were oblivious about the article and responded "they have a strong future and they had some temporarily budget cuts but SVT is not going anywhere" !!!

PDubs

Established Member
That would suck if it's true but I can't imagine them totally dissolving the division entirely.

beabout

Established Member
I can imagine them totally dissolving the division since their new stated market is safety and alternative fueled vehicles. Watch the adds guys and girls, the market push at Ford is not for the performance enthusiasts anymore. Their market is to beat out the import grocery haulers. Although the mustang model has exceeded their initial sales goals, look at the Ford car lots, they are stacking up with vehicles that are not selling.... SVT is toast

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread