forearquarter.jpg

CaysE

SVT Focus Guru
Established Member
Meh HP
Weak bottom end
It's a ford which is a big no no in the import world
heard they had tranny issues too

I really loved the car, wanted to get one but was too expensive to import here.
155hp in '02 was not bad at all.
SVT Focus had the most torque in its class when it came out, and it comes in low.
Most people don't know the Focus is a European car (until '04 anyway). It's not Japanese, but it can be called an import.
No tranny issues I've heard of, just the clutch.

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member

Sapperstang

Established Member
155hp in '02 was not bad at all.
SVT Focus had the most torque in its class when it came out, and it comes in low.
Most people don't know the Focus is a European car (until '04 anyway). It's not Japanese, but it can be called an import.
No tranny issues I've heard of, just the clutch.

It's 170 hp but feels like 70. Plenty of tranny issues among many others. Many of you think cool car but only in theory. Rattle box POS :cuss:

2kSilverSteed

Cammed GT
Established Member
My buddy used to have a SVTF. Those cars are fun as hell to drive and have. They handle well, pretty quick for a 4 cyl, and get great gas milage with a pretty good amount of room. I love these cars

CaysE

SVT Focus Guru
Established Member
It's 170 hp but feels like 70. Plenty of tranny issues among many others. Many of you think cool car but only in theory. Rattle box POS :cuss:
It's ~155 to the wheels, 170 at the flywheel. The only tranny issues that I've ever read about, as I mentioned earlier, are the clutch/flywheel. The tranny itself has never had a problem and can take quite a bit of abuse. Plenty of guys are pushing over 300hp through that trans and the only problem they have is the clutch slipping. Aftermarket manufacturers have had problems getting a correct clutch/flywheel combo made, as well. Only the latest Spec (with billet chromoly flywheel) and Southbend combo sets seem to be the ones that work the best, and rumor has it that Exedy will be coming out with a set, as well.

Doesn't feel like 70hp at all... it's plenty quick from 3500rpm all the way to redline. It's no Cobra, but that's a "no shit" kind of statement. ;-)

myndgruv

Established Member
not an SVTF but the infamous HKS Orange focus now lives with my friend in anchorage,ak
4.jpg

Last edited:

CaysE

SVT Focus Guru
Established Member
Do you know your friend moved/is moving to the East Coast? ;)

CaysE

SVT Focus Guru
Established Member
Both the original and the new owners post on Focaljet.

Sapperstang

Established Member
These cars can barely get out of their own way unless revved high as shit and then still barely. Mine is not a lemon but I do not like the car. I thought I would when I bought it but after coming from years of mustangs it is boring and has plenty of issues.

Only thing I would tell a potential buyer is to stay away, far away. Good thing I got it cheap.

CaysE

SVT Focus Guru
Established Member
LOL well not all of us come from the world of every car being 400hp or more. They definitely get out of their own way, and it sounds like you should've applied for a lemon evaluation. You've gotta face facts... the world of cars as fast as Cobras is a pretty small percentage of what's on the road.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I didn't buy mine to be a play toy. I bought it cause it was a good buy and I wanted another SVT. So I bought the SVT focus for a DD. My other SVT's sit in the drive way 99% of the time.

It is pretty fun to drive on curvy roads. The wife want to add a Turbo to the little guy.

She is the one who use to drive the Cobra every day.

I have fun when I drive the Focus. No issues with mine, just the normal BS things that come along with owning one of these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread