Votes: 17 51.5%
  • no

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wtpSVTkh01

Established Member
quite odd it sounds but to me i think it might be kind of cool. i rode in a f-350 king ranch turbo diesel(03) with my g/f's dad and those things can haul ass. we were doing almost 90 uphill and it seemed like th truck was barely trying. he was telling me about it(b/c he works at the truck plant here in ky and drives them home everyday to test them) and told me that you could haul a horse trailor uphill and barely notice it. ive also seen on trucks on tnn where theyll fix on diesel up and make it pretty mean and fast. think about it, you could have a truck you could take to work and haul shit around in and pull your big boat to go fishing too. just kind of a far fetched idea but i just thought it would be cool if svt experimented with the new turbo diesel. ill probably get shit on this site for this thread but oh well, screw it. tell me what you think

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
That would be cool, and I think it isnt that far out I dont think seein how they are getting such crazy power out of these, my dad has always had diesel pickups, back before it was cool, and everyone would wrinkle their noses, now if its not a stroker its not cool.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The only problem I can forsee is the weight. A PS is very heavy but they can lay down some serious power. All SVT would need to do is crank up the boost.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I heard that the next Harley Davidson truck will be a 2wd Ex cab F350 6.0 powerstroke with 22in rims possibly instead of the normal 20in rims. Truck is supposed to be Orange and Black 2 tone. just me 2 cents.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Yes, I've always wanted a 1,000 hp twin-stacked diesel with compression braking and lots of chrome. Big air horns on the roof. Headlights mounted right at the rear-view mirror level of other vehicles. Two hundred little bulbs outlining the body. Twin 72" CD antennas mounted on the doorwall-sized mirrors hooked to a 400-watt linear amplifier. Something to terrorize the Hummer crowd. But I thought they were only made by Kenworth or Reo (now that brings back memories). Choke yer chicken, good buddy!

faylo

Established Member
SVT Diesel?

I just don't think of a diesel as a high performance vehicle. Also, I'm not aware of a class of racing in the U.S. that uses diesels as part of the definition of a class.

TTA89

Established Member
Originally posted by wtpSVTkh01
think about it, you could have a truck you could take to work and haul shit around in and pull your big boat to go fishing too.

They already have one that can do that. Its called a Lightning.

A hopped up Diesel would be cool, most people have no idea how easy it is too make alot of power with those.

There is a 2500 Dodge truck at my local track with propane injection running 12.60s. :beer:

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
Re: SVT Diesel?

Originally posted by faylo
I just don't think of a diesel as a high performance vehicle.

They have the jetta turbo diesel, now that thing could MOVE:dw:

Isnt SVT expanding to lincoln and mercury? i know they wanted to make a SVT LS model and the next maurader was gonna be SVT?> and i also heard bout them goin to Volvo and some other Ford owned companies?:shrug:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Harry Gilbert, when you said Reo, did you mean Diamond Reo, my dad and grandfather each have one, and they are still intact, in fact Im driving the one my grandpa ordered new in 71 in harvest this year.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
i put no because it doesn't seem reasonable from a business standpoint for Ford. I just dont' think the market is there

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Sure, but only if they develop the 2-cycle diesel concept. Imagine: all the torque potential of a diesel PLUS twice the number of power strokes. Essentially, doubling the hp of a turbo diesel.

CKYlndSpd21

Established Member
I would rather see a ranger or a crown vic get the svt badge before a diesel gets one. I would rather see an LS get the svt badge before anything.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Why is everyone against an svt diesel?? Not flaming the contour dudes, but I think it would make as much sense as the svt contour, but then again they don't make em anymore.

wtpSVTkh01

Established Member
i also think the should make an svt ls before anything too. do they make the ls v8 in a stick or is it only auto?

CKYlndSpd21

Established Member
Originally posted by wtpSVTkh01
i also think the should make an svt ls before anything too. do they make the ls v8 in a stick or is it only auto?

V8 comes with an auto V6 comes with a stick and if they do make and SVT LS then ford should but either the 03 cobra mottor or the s-type R motor in it

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
wel lthey have been switching to diesel in those off shore race boats
man do those things hum right along
maybe not an svt PS but atleast a hopped up one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread