SVT Dealers..Cash Buyer for 2010 GT500

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
What about it? His prices are still over dealer invoice.:shrug:
And wants MSRP on 2010s.

I'm sure he could work an invoice deal. He wasn't to shy on making a X/A/B plan offer on guys who could just be shooting the shit and not have the availability. I'm still trying to get some info on Robinson Brother's for you.
You've gotta haggle these guys! Put the money on the table for these cars and if they want to sell it they will. Also, it is alot easier to deal with a higher volume selling dealer when it comes to getting better deals, but smaller indiv. dealers may be needy for sales too. Keep trying.

Last edited:

War Eagle

Established Member
Thanks Guys,

I have heard from one dealer a 6 hour drive from home that can do it for me and I am still waiting to hear back from the dealer over in Mobile that I bought the 2009 from, my guy has been out sick. It does not look like it will be a problem getting one for invoice plus $1,000. There just are not many buyers out there right now for these cars.

$1,000 over invoice is a fair price right now and is a fast $1900 profit for the dealer and he does not have to floor the car.

Thanks again,

Steve

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yeah if they dont want to make a quick 1900 for basically doing nothing. Shame on them. I guess greed is still in their blood and it will come back to bite them in the long run.

Heads up for anyone looking for a 09. Blue with white stripes. Looks like all options but naviagtion for 39,900. Its on ebay and dealership is in California. Why are all the good deals in the California?!!!!

Last edited:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I'm sure he could work an invoice deal. He wasn't to shy on making a X/A/B plan offer on guys who could just be shooting the shit and not have the availability. I'm still trying to get some info on Robinson Brother's for you.
You've gotta haggle these guys! Put the money on the table for these cars and if they want to sell it they will. Also, it is alot easier to deal with a higher volume selling dealer when it comes to getting better deals, but smaller indiv. dealers may be needy for sales too. Keep trying.

I pmd him asking if he had color I wanted or could get it for me.
Havent heard back yet. Robinson Brother is a big dealership. They had like over 10 new 2010s (Gt and V6s) before my local dealer even got 1.
They had 2 KRs and I think about 5 GT500s. Im hoping they decide to sell last time they didnt seem to interested in my business.:shrug:

03'Darin

Established Member
03 KB is right as afar as the financing, I bought my wife a brand new Tahoe and to get the deal I wanted I had to finance through them and not pay it off within the first three months or the dealer would have lost something from the bank.

The deal you are referring to is different. The manufactureres will some times run extra incentives (rebate) to use their financing. That has no bearing to the dealership. We currently have $500 - $1000 extra if you use Ford financing on certain vehicles. Not GT500's. You have to keep the financing for 3 months before you can pay it off without any penalty. That's a benefeit to the consumer and not the dealer.

Our dealership looks at a deal as a deal. Cash or finace it doesn't really matter. Yes we can make money on financing but that is usually a rather small amount. People shop rate just like they do the price of a car. We get paid a % of the rate over what you qualify and yes we get that charged back if the loan is paid off before maturity.

On another note I doubt you will find a dealer ANYWHERE that will sell a 2010 GT500 for invoice. Ford cut the production numbers back dramatically for 2010 so there won't be that many cars. We have 2 stores and will probably only get between 4 and 6 cars TOTAL. Ours will be sold for MSRP.

Yes you can come in and buy most of our vehicles for invoice or close to it, but not a limited production vehicle like a GT500 that sells fairly well.

HOSTIL

Established Member
My friend also has an 07 GT500 with maybe 2k miles he was one of the first to have a GT500, he now wants the 2010 GT500. The value of his 07 is way down so he's alittle hesitant to put cash on the barrelhead for a new one cuz he still has a sore ass from the 07.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
I do need to clear things up, I may have made a mistake in what I said earlier to based on what I read. I was talking about 2009's, most of you guys were talking about 2010's. I even went as far as talking about 2010s myself in mistake. I apologize for the misunderstanding. If you look back at MY original response I think that is where the confusion trickeled down.. I would still push below MSRP and if they won't budge then move on... I stand by what I saw about never buy above INV. These cars will be available later down the road for INV. one day somewhere. If we get one here I will post up and help out.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Just don't tell the dealer your paying cash and let them assume your doing financing. Then after the trade or final back and forth with the sales manager on price and when they start to ask for your social security number. Say I only give that out when needed, so they start to go to finance and you say. Oh I am paying with cash and they crap their pants. If anyone says anything except OK, walk out.

War Eagle

Established Member
Thanks everyone,

I have just finished ordering my new 2010, Red with White stripes. The only option is HID.:banana:

May take about eight weeks or longer to get here, he is checking allocation and when the order will be accepted. They have two coming that are already sold.

Steve

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Thanks everyone,

I have just finished ordering my new 2010, Red with White stripes. The only option is HID.:banana:

May take about eight weeks or longer to get here, he is checking allocation and when the oreder will be accepted. They have two coming that are already sold.

Steve

Nice job if you secured it for $1k over invoice! Just be careful with the allocation issue. Allocation on the GT500's work different than our other model lines, we don't just ask for more and get it. We were given an allocation number for GT500's at the beginning of the year and that may be all we get. Make sure you confirm with your dealer that they do indeed already have allocation for another GT500 and what build week it will be scheduled for.

ff500

Established Member
My friend also has an 07 GT500 with maybe 2k miles he was one of the first to have a GT500, he now wants the 2010 GT500. The value of his 07 is way down so he's alittle hesitant to put cash on the barrelhead for a new one cuz he still has a sore ass from the 07.

They haven't gone down that bad off of the original msrp price no more than any other vehicle, if you paid an adm fee then yah it hurts, the same thing is going to happen with the 2010's only they're asking 50K for a coupe without adm fees and in 2011 there will be a new engine that could hurt the 2010's even more, if anything I would wait til 2011 and I'm sure you can always find a 2010 cheaper once the 011's come out.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Just don't tell the dealer your paying cash and let them assume your doing financing. Then after the trade or final back and forth with the sales manager on price and when they start to ask for your social security number. Say I only give that out when needed, so they start to go to finance and you say. Oh I am paying with cash and they crap their pants. If anyone says anything except OK, walk out.

What is the point of BS? They don't like lies just as much as you like don't. Go in there with a # that you are willing to pay and an honest approach. If you lie to them they will be less keen to help you out with special gifts/opportunities. I am sure the delivery process will be less exciting for them as they will be mad and ready for you to leave. CASH is THE SAME AS FINANCING! WHEN MAKING DEALS. THE SALESMAN STILL MAKES THE SAME COMMISSION.

You should always try to make an visit or opportunity to work with the dealers/salesmen/service advisors as appealing and friendly as possible. If you can build a strong relationship with any of these then you know that you will always have somebody that is willing to help you and take care of your vehicles at a dealer.

Last edited:

War Eagle

Established Member
Nice job if you secured it for $1k over invoice! Just be careful with the allocation issue. Allocation on the GT500's work different than our other model lines, we don't just ask for more and get it. We were given an allocation number for GT500's at the beginning of the year and that may be all we get. Make sure you confirm with your dealer that they do indeed already have allocation for another GT500 and what build week it will be scheduled for.

Thanks for your comments.

This dealer is a real straight shooter and I bought my 2009 GT500 from them. They handled the entire deal over the phone for me and delivered the car at no charge 200 miles. Just about the best experience I ever had buying a car.

Roger that on the allocation number, he has two on the way that are already sold and mine will be # 3 that they have sold. He is calling me back tomorow to give me the additional information you mentioned. They sold nine or ten last year and will probably be getting the same number this year. Those darn HID lamps were $525 retail and $457 Invoice cost but I think they will be worth it.

Now for the hard part......Waiting till it comes in.

03'Darin

Established Member
Thanks for your comments.

This dealer is a real straight shooter and I bought my 2009 GT500 from them. They handled the entire deal over the phone for me and delivered the car at no charge 200 miles. Just about the best experience I ever had buying a car.

Roger that on the allocation number, he has two on the way that are already sold and mine will be # 3 that they have sold. He is calling me back tomorow to give me the additional information you mentioned. They sold nine or ten last year and will probably be getting the same number this year. Those darn HID lamps were $525 retail and $457 Invoice cost but I think they will be worth it.

Now for the hard part......Waiting till it comes in.

Glad to hear you have a good dealership to work with! There are more good dealerships than bad but it's just that the good ones don't get talked about as much as the bad.

I would definately buy HID's if I was buying a car. More so for the cool factor when the lights are on than the actual performance of the lights. Money well spent!

42ITUS

Established Member
What is the point of BS? They don't like lies just as much as you like don't. Go in there with a # that you are willing to pay and an honest approach. If you lie to them they will be less keen to help you out with special gifts/opportunities. I am sure the delivery process will be less exciting for them as they will be mad and ready for you to leave. CASH is THE SAME AS FINANCING! WHEN MAKING DEALS. THE SALESMAN STILL MAKES THE SAME COMMISSION.

You should always try to make an visit or opportunity to work with the dealers/salesmen/service advisors as appealing and friendly as possible. If you can build a strong relationship with any of these then you know that you will always have somebody that is willing to help you and take care of your vehicles at a dealer.

so... as a consumer, it's MY opportunity to work with a dealer? Not the other way around? I have to "earn" their being willing to help me and take care of my car?

As a business owner, I always thank my customers whether they do business with me or not. I thank them for the opportunity to earn their business. I guess I'm in the wrong industry.

Back to the point. You guys should happy you can get one @ MSRP. Here in Honolulu, the ADM was $20K as recently as February. I recently saw one with a $3500 ADM. Offered to buy it on the spot at MSRP and they thought I was joking. I told them if they want to sell it @ MSRP to call. That was 3 weeks ago, no call. It makes way more sense for us to buy it in CA and ship it over. Can't wait to see what they start selling for.

BTW, the economy stinks over here too. I think because there are so many single military that they come back from their deployment and have a lot of disposable income. Actually, even the economy is in the sh!tter, there are lots of wealthy people here. In fact, I know someone that paid $120K for a KR. I think he got it in January. Paid $68K for his GT500, got $32K on the trade, which they sold for $43K. Dealerships here are lucky.

War Eagle

Established Member
I had received some PMs about the final drive out price I paid so I went ahead and posted the numbers in the GT500 prices sticky, you can see them there, I did not get the 1,000 over invoice but I am happy with the deal I got and very much like my Dealer, they are good people and top notch.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread