SVT Dealers..Cash Buyer for 2010 GT500

War Eagle

Established Member
I have sold my 2009 GT500 and am looking to purchase a RED 2010 with white stripes. I am looking for a base car MSRP $48,175 with invoice of $43,655. Prefer a Dealer within a couple of hours drive of North Florida (Panama City).

Will pay $1,000 over invoice for total price of $44,700 including Doc fee. and out the door. I have a tag to transfer and will take care of the taxes unless it is a Florida Dealer. Cash sale no trade, please contact me via PM.

Thanks for your consideration I need a car :)

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Have you talked to local dealers about pricing?
When I was looking at the 09 GT500. They said they had a 2010 GT500 for 53,xxx. I was like WOW. I will stick with a 09.
So are they asking over sticker for their GT500 or is that the MSRP for on decked out?

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Have you talked to local dealers about pricing?
When I was looking at the 09 GT500. They said they had a 2010 GT500 for 53,xxx. I was like WOW. I will stick with a 09.
So are they asking over sticker for their GT500 or is that the MSRP for on decked out?

1, guy is offering cash, no hassle offer. Sign the papers.
2, if you buy any car over invoice EVER You have failed.

He shouldn't have any problem getting what he wants if the price he listed for invoice is correct. Although I have no idea why he listed on this site?? (long shot) G/L

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
There is a dealer on the team shelby forums that sells them below MSRP how much below I am not sure and he is located in southern GA.

I would be very surprised if you can get a '10 for that price but more power to you if you can.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
1, guy is offering cash, no hassle offer. Sign the papers.
2, if you buy any car over invoice EVER You have failed.

He shouldn't have any problem getting what he wants if the price he listed for invoice is correct. Although I have no idea why he listed on this site?? (long shot) G/L

Sorry OP. Have to say this tho.

Dealers DONT like cash sales. They want to get finacing or a trade in. That way they make more money.
You can barely find 09s for 1k over invoice. There are a few deals out there but dealers are still holding out.
If he can get a new 2010 for 1k over invoice what do think thats gonna do to value of 09s. Cause them to plummit. Which is then a domino effect of every other mustang.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Sorry OP. Have to say this tho.

Dealers DONT like cash sales. They want to get finacing or a trade in. That way they make more money.
You can barely find 09s for 1k over invoice. There are a few deals out there but dealers are still holding out.
If he can get a new 2010 for 1k over invoice what do think thats gonna do to value of 09s. Cause them to plummit. Which is then a domino effect of every other mustang.

I'm sorry, but do you work in a dealership? I do and have for the last 5 years. We do not mind easy cash sales with a already mindset customer. :dw:

But if you want to make your own assumptions then carry on.

You can get a 2010 for invoice. Once again if you pay over invoice for anything then you are crazy! Dealers still make money on invoice not counting all the kickbacks...

Trade Ins do help when trying to turn a profit. Although financing seems to be more of a hassle for the salesman and I&I only Ford makes a profit in that sense as most dealers do not charge fees for the financing.

Also I have seen 2009's for invoice(Including a Super Snake) from time to time If you have access to any X,A,B .... plans then you have even a better deal when Ford offers customer rebates.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I'm sorry, but do you work in a dealership? I do and have for the last 5 years. We do not mind easy cash sales with a already mindset customer. :dw:

You can get a 2010 for invoice. Once again if you pay over invoice for anything then you are crazy! Dealers still make money on invoice not counting all the kickbacks...

Trade Ins do help when trying to turn a profit. Although financing seems to be more of a hassle for the salesman and F&I only Ford makes a profit in that sense as most dealers do not charge fees for the financing.

Are you all selling '10 GT500's for invoice? If so then when I get ready to buy you have a customer already.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member

Trade Ins do help when trying to turn a profit. Although financing seems to be more of a hassle for the salesman and F&I only Ford makes a profit in that sense as most dealers do not charge fees for the financing.

No I dont work at a dealership. But you have to admit dealerships like better fiancing or a trade in.
Good what dealer ship do you work at?
Hopefully. Robinson Brothers has the GT500 I want. And Im not paying sticker. So hook me up.

Dealers make something on financing bec they get charged back if person who bought car pays off early. At least thats what another Ford salesman told me.

Last edited:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Are you all selling '10 GT500's for invoice? If so then when I get ready to buy you have a customer already.

I do not sell vehicles, sorry. I work with Salesman on a daily basis and help them do their jobs on a daily basis. I recently moved to the Service Department as an advisor.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I do not sell vehicles, sorry. I work with Salesman on a daily basis and help them do their jobs on a daily basis. I recently moved to the Service Department as an advisor.

so what dealerships are selling 2010 GT500's at invoice?

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Where do you work? Do they have any '09 GT 500's? I'm looking for one currently.

We actually don't have any and aren't getting any for a little while. We have a used 2007 on our showroom that an idividual is allowing us to sell for a bounty. But he is crazy high! Its never going to move unless some bozo buys it.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
We actually don't have any and aren't getting any for a little while. We have a used 2007 on our showroom that an idividual is allowing us to sell for a bounty. But he is crazy high! Its never going to move unless some bozo buys it.

Yeah Ive noticed that lately. Used 07s seem to be asking as much as new 08s or 09s. I guess paying 10-20k over they think its worth original sticker still.:shrug:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
If a car salesman told you, then it's a lie.

About the dealership making money on fiancing or getting a charge back?
But seriously how honest are car salesman. I think I have met maybe a handful that are but countless ones who lie no matter what. I love catching them in a lie to.

Edit.
I think I got your sarcaism.

Last edited:

ff500

Established Member
It doesn't matter to a dealer if you are paying cash or not its not going to get you any better of a deal as a matter of fact you are better off negotiating your deal and then say you know what I'm gonna pay cash.

btw I saw a 2010 GT on the Cape and it is fugly you should go see one in person and drive one before you commit to it especially sight unseen.

ff500

Established Member
03 KB is right as afar as the financing, I bought my wife a brand new Tahoe and to get the deal I wanted I had to finance through them and not pay it off within the first three months or the dealer would have lost something from the bank.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
It doesn't matter to a dealer if you are paying cash or not its not going to get you any better of a deal as a matter of fact you are better off negotiating your deal and then say you know what I'm gonna pay cash.

+1 They only care about 1 thing. "Are you ready to buy today."
If you say no they dont want to talk numbers. If you say yes you can really negioate.

Users who are viewing this thread