SVT certificate and Vin check??

BLKVNM97

Vnmouss
Established Member
im looking into getting a 97 cobra whats the number to SVT to call and confirm the VIN is a cobra and the place to get the certificate from? i looked online for the svt site they used to have but couldnt find it

GreyAsp

Established Member
Edit: Forget about that website, here's the info:
Special Vehicles Team mails out Certificates of Authenticity and Letters of Authenticity for Special Edition vehicles to new owners based on the information provided by the dealers. If you haven't received yours or purchased an SVT vehicle used, you may obtain a Certificate from SVT by faxing them a current registration or vehicle title to: 313.621.2500 upon review of your information you will receive a certificate in 2 to 4 weeks, be sure to include a phone number so you may be contacted if there are any questions. If you need more information visit Ford Special Vehicle Team online: www.SVT.FORD.com or call them toll free: 800.FORD.SVT (800.367.3788) have your VIN # handy.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can't check a VIN number on that website.

For the Build Certificate, call SVT (1-800-Ford-SVT) and order it. Cost is $40. I think.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
$40 check out? sure did for me :cuss:

huh?

its $40 if you want the certificate. it used to be free but Ford is broke now :rollseyes
i KNEW the last day to get a free one was coming and procrastinated and forgot! FOCK! :cuss:
and im not paying $80 to get certs for both of my svt rides :nonono:

theyll tell you the info over the phone for free.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
i for one, actually preferred the older format of the certificate. My vert has one of the older ones, my coupe has one of the newer ones.

the new ones just looks a little more...cartoony-ish. :shrug:

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
i for one, actually preferred the older format of the certificate. My vert has one of the older ones, my coupe has one of the newer ones.

the new ones just looks a little more...cartoony-ish. :shrug:

do you have a scan of what they look like now?

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
you're right, doesn't look good. the edsel ford name takes away from it too. i wanted to get one of the older certificates that had the old red svt label in middle...

Users who are viewing this thread