SVT cert

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yup.......And you can get one if you buy used by calling 1-800-FORD-SVT and faxing some info and registration to them.

cobrastrike4

Established Member
I am new to the specifics of the paperwork for SVT and heard that but not sure thanks, on a car for sale not having it from the original owner what would one guesstimate to deduct off the selling price without it?
What does the DSG stand for I have seen that on a few sigs?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't think there is any know number or even a guesstimate. It really doesn't matter whether you have the original paper from SVT or ordered it today. You're basically getting the same thing.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
cobrastrike4 said:
I am new to the specifics of the paperwork for SVT and heard that but not sure thanks, on a car for sale not having it from the original owner what would one guesstimate to deduct off the selling price without it?
What does the DSG stand for I have seen that on a few sigs?
You're not going to get any deduction on price if the seller doesn't have the SVT build certificate. It's a nice document to frame or stuff in a drawer, no cash value.
DSG = Dark Shadow Gray, one of the fastest of the Cobra colors. Even faster if on a 'vert. :coolman:
Good luck and have fun.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And again, you can simply get another one from SVT. It's not like you either get it with the car or lose it. Now the window sticker is a different story. Once you lose it, you lose it. Paperwork like this will really only have value when the car attains collector status and is routinely restored to factory specs. At that point having all the original documentation and paperwork becomes VERY valuable. So those who still have their window stickers, hang on to them.

Users who are viewing this thread