SVT-C handle as well as a SHO??

ez112

Established Member
This is a good topic, because I too am SORTA looking at a ContourSVT to replace the MONEY pit of the SHO we have. In the long run it just might not be worth it, and 3.0 swap Contours ARE pretty quick and in the 14's. There are only a select few WELL modded N/A SHO's in the 14's. And all the boosted guys give the "I only autocross" crap, so you really don't know what's going with it in the 1/4 unless you do it yourself.

Good luck with your pick.

Rickabod

Representin' Da U.P.
Established Member
SVT-Wannabe said:
I dont want anything too fast, and something that gets good mileage.
And since im a corner carver, and I am coming from my SHO with lots of suspension work, I NEED something that can handle.

How are these on handling?

to anwser the thread title question, the svtc will outhandle the sho, unless you heavily moddify the suspension on the sho. you don't care about speed, but you want good gas mileage and a corner carver. the FSVT is what you do need. it'll probably get better city gas mileage than the CSVT, if you do alot of highway driving, i'd go with the CSVT for the extra power. and if you're not dedicated to ford, there are other cars out there that perform good in the twisties and get good gas mileage.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
The reason the SVT Contour feels superior to the SVT Focus is because the Contour has a lower natural center of gravity. Comparably the Focus either wants to roll it's body, or just pull the weight off the inner tires with a stiff suspension, when it tries to grip hard in a corner. Either way it can not maintain the same grip level with a "comparable" setup. Mind you it is also around 200lbs lighter though.

I will concur the SVTF (300mm) front brakes are definitely superior. So I'm running them myself. :p Though I'm using 280mm rears to up the ante. :coolman:

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
That basically just translates into a car that should be able to grip more in a long sweeping turn. In quick turns the narrower SVTF should be able to walk away from the Contour.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
N one asked about the Focus SVT. And we can what if the question with different variables all day long. Bottom line is stock v stock the CSVT outhandles and outbrakes the Gen I/II SHO period.

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
No one asked about it I just said that it is a worthwhile consideration. I think both of the SVTs are great cars, and the Contour is growing on me more and more.

SVTC looks alot better than Turus SHO too imo :)

The BigSHO

Established Member
Looks better, sounds better.

The sun has set on both of these fine cars. The CSVT is a better all around package no matter how you slice it.

CSVT is better...:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread