SVB Supra vs Built Blown Mustang

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
heh built from the factory probably. but thats a mean supra running nos i think its the 800HP one u see in alot of the vids that looks like it was done in houston. but that guy in the stang needs some shifting lessons...i'm kinda tired of all this supra vs mustang bull. kinda annoying supras are geared for top end mustangs arent if u put the same transmission drive train and rear end u have in the supra and put it in the stang then u could have a fair race from a roll.

BlownStangGT

Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
heh built from the factory probably. but thats a mean supra running nos i think its the 800HP one u see in alot of the vids that looks like it was done in houston. but that guy in the stang needs some shifting lessons...i'm kinda tired of all this supra vs mustang bull. kinda annoying supras are geared for top end mustangs arent if u put the same transmission drive train and rear end u have in the supra and put it in the stang then u could have a fair race from a roll.

my goal is to build a supra killer hehe

jasil

Established Member
That supra trapped 144mph and has over 30k in it, but is still a very awesome car.

95snoozer

Established Member
yeh u drop 30K into a Geo and u'd rape anything on the road ya know?

yes, but you are driving a metro and he is driving a supra

run what you brung

the money argument is the gayest thing since richard simmons, cused by people who are too poor to go fast and who are unable give props where deserved.

supras arent "geared" for topend.... a fast big single turbo supra will finally hit full boost in 3rd and 4th with a really flat curve instead of in first and third where it will spool have to spool.

hsi is why alot of supras come form behind after being beat yntil 100+

they are kings of the high speed roll races, but personally i dont enjoy that as much as a strong car form 0-120 :shrug:

NoRcAl CoBrA

Established Member
that cobra is capable of runnig 10s the fastest i seen that supra run is 11.3 capable of going alot faster and trust me the guy in the cobra just got beat plain and simple buy a fast car FROM A ROLL and i assure you he knows how to drive lets just say that the cobra is about 3 to 4 seconds slower than his other car another buddy of mine has a 93 with 612 rwhp and hung a little better through the first two gears supra makes around 650 to 800 rwhp range depending on gas

Last edited:

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
wow did u see at the end of the Vid that "built" mustang poured out grey smoke it was fast but that supra wasnt on pump gas. my friend johnny's supra sounds rough on pump gas when u are into it and when runnin 130octane it sounds the same as that supra does. and he was using NOS if u didnt notice supras dont spool that quickly to make it launch like that from a roll. so heh he prolly was around 800+ HP in that thing

95snoozer

Established Member
of course that Foxc body is built.

it had to have been with alot of boost form a blower to hang like it did.

and that mustang sounds sick...love the centri. blower whistle

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
a stock non turbo supra tops out at 175......that is a fact the turbo's just help it get their quicker

What the?? Supra came in two flavors from factory.
The non turbo Supra has the 2JZ-GE in it with 220hp, it tops out at 150mph.
The twin turbo from factory has a 2JZ-GTE with 320hp with a 160mph electronicly limited topspeed. Ungoverned it will reach about 177mph stock. Oh and most Supra on race gas run 110 octane. Never heard of a street supra running 130octane.

Last edited:

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
i can run 135octane in my truck..... just dont let it idle .... or it will overheat haha.... my friend johnny before he had the stage 2 HKS twin turbo's on it toped out at 175 on the dyno when added twin turbo's he ran 130octane toped out at 196 on the dyno and 455HP 450lbs torque fastest he got it on the street was 181.

Users who are viewing this thread