SVB is Now In the Hands of the FDIC

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck withdrawing $250k cash (or other large amounts) from any bank without giving some serious notice. I went to Bank of America a few years ago to withdrawal 17k and they had a fit. It took over an hour and they stuck me in some special finance office, trying to talk me out of withdrawing my cash. They asked if I could use a cashier check or money order instead. They flat out did not want to give me that much cash at once.
My ex worked at a bank and they only had 50k on hand on Fridays. Now I would imagine it could be even less as nobody carries cash anymore.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Really? That's weird. They should easily have that on hand at any given time. I haven't run into issues up to $80k cash.
Maybe I caught them on a bad day. It was a smaller branch, perhaps they keep less on hand?

I certainly didn't think $17k cash was an unreasonable amount to withdrawal on a walk in visit.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Officially out of microsoft stock completely in non IRA accounts. Should of sold it when it hit 272 lst month but so it goes.
Almost 26 years of holding MSFT.
Buy and hold still works, and the increasing dividends along the way make it even sweeter.

I was reading about Warren Buffett's purchase of Coca Cola back in the early 90s. He bought 1.3 billion dollars worth of shares which are now worth around 25 billion or so but here's the other beautiful thing: Last year he made 700 million dollars or so in Coke dividends alone. That's like a 60% of so annual return on his initial capital outlay of 1.3 billion. Pure sex.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
I ain't getting rich off my cash holding but no one else is either.

The more i see market highs and lows at the hands of incompetence the more I trust various coins selections.
It's always good to have some shitty stuff set aside rather then FIAT. Do you mean like NGC and PCGS certified coins? I really hope it's the good old key date coins not like the HSN garbage they promote on TV

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe I caught them on a bad day. It was a smaller branch, perhaps they keep less on hand?

I certainly didn't think $17k cash was an unreasonable amount to withdrawal on a walk in visit.
I was given the runaround trying to pull out 7 grand from a Wells Fargo once. They told me that if I ever needed more than 10 that I would need to call ahead and give at least a day's notice.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I was given the runaround trying to pull out 7 grand from a Wells Fargo once. They told me that if I ever needed more than 10 that I would need to call ahead and give at least a day's notice.
Yeah tell that to the drug cartels when they snag one of your loved ones and want the ransom.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It's always good to have some shitty stuff set aside rather then FIAT. Do you mean like NGC and PCGS certified coins? I really hope it's the good old key date coins not like the HSN garbage they promote on TV
No, just looking at how made up bank holdings are compared to e-coin Doge, Shinu, AMP, ect.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I did 60k and it took 3 weeks a few months ago. The fed white collar crime flag must have went up. I was told to come pick it up the next work day and then got held and delayed. They tried to talk me out if it. BoA. That shit woke me up. They will take a deposit in a hot second.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I did 60k and it took 3 weeks a few months ago. The fed white collar crime flag must have went up. I was told to come pick it up the next work day and then got held and delayed. They tried to talk me out if it. BoA. That shit woke me up. They will take a deposit in a hot second.
For shits and grins go in there today and ask for it. Lol

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
For shits and grins go in there today and ask for it. Lol
I got it all out. I am tired of BoA and their anti gum shit. On top of trusting my money to the financial guys who are a cross between hustling used car salesmen and stinky drunk pawn shop owners.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Doge is god..to the mooon
Lol, as long as it stay about 8 cents I am happy.

Screenshot_20230313-134826.png

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Oopsy!

TD Bank (TD) CEO Bharat Masrani on a March 2 earnings call didn't deny that a price change for First Horizon (FHN) was possible as the deal drags on and passes the termination date.

"We'll we've just initiated the negotiations and, you know, once the negotiations are finalized, you know, we will be sure to give you further details," Masrani said on the call in an answer to analyst's question if a price change is a possibility.

TD Bank (TD) and First Horizon (FHN) didn't immediately respond to Seeking Alpha email request for comment.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

D8EDFFC4-1142-46D7-A7A3-B0AB70F974A0.png

So America's taking it in the ass again just like Jim, his husband?

D95EEB85-84B1-4B70-A0D8-132452C7DDB7.jpeg

At least Jim was Ready.

Source:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Only a homer buys from HSN or those shows on the satellite like TCV, Chappell, etc..,

Users who are viewing this thread