SVB is Now In the Hands of the FDIC

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
Two coworkers of mine run trucks. One has 9. Same thing you said. Barely breaking even. If you figure in west and tear on the truck, it’s a loss.

The other guy only has one and got hooked up with a dispatcher that has contracted loads with one company so it’s steady. He’s doing fine.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

We currently run 45 tractors and 174 trailers. So far we've been lucky with company freight and we're anywhere from 2.85-3.40 on dry vans. We have several flat and steps, but they're normally contracted through NASA or Toyota/Mazda. There's also a brokerage that runs along side our company freight, and the rates have been low to say the least.

Today the brokerage was offered a 3 pick - 3 drop for $1600 originating in south Florida, followed by NC, then TN. If I remember correctly it was roughly 1100 miles. Definitely a pass on that one.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
We currently run 45 tractors and 174 trailers. So far we've been lucky with company freight and we're anywhere from 2.85-3.40 on dry vans. We have several flat and steps, but they're normally contracted through NASA or Toyota/Mazda. There's also a brokerage that runs along side our company freight, and the rates have been low to say the least.

Today the brokerage was offered a 3 pick - 3 drop for $1600 originating in south Florida, followed by NC, then TN. If I remember correctly it was roughly 1100 miles. Definitely a pass on that one.

We have 200 flats/steps for one.. my sector has 32 flats/steps

The amount of $1.25 loads is hilarious. I look at the load boards and laugh.

Though I got some concrete barrier work 150 loads. Worked out to over 3.03 a mile, was happy about that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

most of our stuff gets moved out of FL as a backhaul and that shit is dirt cheap, beats running back empty I guess (assuming it's not citrus season)

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
We take a ton of Kohler/Sterling freight into south Florida, and during the produce off season we deadhead trucks up to Newlyweds in Cleveland, TN or Kerry/Kenco in Calhoun, GA. Even with the deadhead it still pays better than a 44k load of Niagra water from Florida.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm confused as to where all of this chaos is heading. What are the cliffnotes to the future?

I’m with you. It’s like I went to the movies, bought popcorn, now I’m staring out the windows to the parking lot instead of picking a theatre because I can’t follow any of this.

MG0h3

Established Member
Strange. Awful quiet everywhere on this topic.

Not sure if it was the fed borrowing deal that stopped the bleeding or what.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
First Republic failed over the weekend.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
First Republic failed over the weekend.

My distrust of banks, bankers, and those creepy used car salesmen (financial advisors) is justified each day in America.

Users who are viewing this thread