Suspension upgrade

pzracer

I want to upgrade my suspension for road coarse duties. What is the best setup?
I currently have stock struts and shocks with Ford Racing B springs.
The car will not be driven on the street much so I'm going for pure handling. So far I've looking at all the strut upgrades and springs. What about coilovers up front? also looking at an MM panhard bar setup.
Help me decide.
Thanks,

bumsoil

Established Member
it all depends on how much money you want to spend.
if it was me I would get full grigs gr40 setup.

but if I didn't want to spend that much money I would do Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, Maximum Motorsports K member and control arms, pan hard bar and rear controlled arms, and coilovers all round. Also steeda sway bars front and back.

pzracer

Thanks for the reply, I should have given more info. I already have southside LCA, new welded torque boxes, welded subframe connectors and caster/camber plates because of the B springs. I really need to know what everyone is running for struts and shocks that do a fare amount of road racing. I see everything from Koni,Tokico D- spec and Bilstein. Which one is better? And what type of springs, including coilovers or H&R Race springs?

97cobra1

Established Member
Generally i see the guys who know their suspension stuff are gonna tell you bilsteins or Koni yellows above anything else.

I personally went with the MM shocks/struts they offer that are a little stiffer than the bilsteins. It's not a road race car but i do live in the mountains and spirited driving feels extremely planted and predictable.

bumsoil

Established Member
Bilsteins or koni yellows/str.t. Koni str.t are just koni yellows in their softest setting. Also way cheaper. That's why I run them.

Users who are viewing this thread