Suspension setup for hooking on asphalt

D.T.R

Established Member
I agree with you. But from my first post, I'm talking about very well prepped asphalt with hundreds of passes worth of rubber already laid down.
If you read through, it's pretty clear that my spring choice is probably working against me and it's something I need to change. The same night I raced that GTR, I watched a nitrous catfish hang the fronts for 100'.
Oh... i was under the impression you were talking about unprepped roads.
I'll just leave this here... Yes that's on the street!
That's a pretty prepped road, i was under the impression the OP was trying to hook on unprep'd road. Yeah on a prepped surface the car will hook as long as it's prepped. This is my car on low boost vs a 700whp+ ZL1 ... it's not that hard to hook on any prepped road... whether asphalt or concrete. https://youtu.be/PPAFrAvWL5c
This right here tells me your level of experience (or lack thereof).

So if you are hooking hard, why would you turn the power down ? The only reason one would turn the power down at launch is to hook. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
You never heard of power management?? How do you think they launch a 1400whp car on a 275 Pro? Even on a well prepped track...

D.T.R

Established Member
Nah... know nothing about power management...
You won't get a 1400whp car, specially on a 275 pro, to work on an unprepped asphalt road. I can bet money on that.

D.T.R

Established Member
1. He doesn't run on asphalt, much less unprepped.
2. He doesn't run 275s.
3. He doesn't run Pros either.
4. He runs slicks.

i've talked to him... he is who told me not to waste my time on the streets with any drag radial. I switched from Pros to Hoosier slicks for the streets and it's a world of difference.

Last edited:

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
The purpose of this thread was to discuss what works on a prepped asphalt surface. I couldn't care less about trying to dead hook on an unprepped road

wolfman311

Established Member
1. He doesn't run on asphalt, much less unprepped.
2. He doesn't run 275s.
3. He doesn't run Pros either.
4. He runs slicks.

i've talked to him... he is who told me not to waste my time on the streets with any drag radial. I switched from Pros to Hoosier slicks for the streets and it's a world of difference.

Well i stand corrected sir.

D.T.R

Established Member
Well i stand corrected sir.

Not really. You're basically saying that he runs on unprepped asphalt, with 1400whp, on a 275 pro, and I say otherwise. And i know for a fact he has been running 29.5" hoosier slicks, on prepped concrete. So you couldn't be more far off.

D.T.R

Established Member
You guys don't have concrete where you are? Asphalt is pretty hard to hook up.
Anyways, sorry if the thread got derailed.

wolfman311

Established Member
Not really. You're basically saying that he runs on unprepped asphalt, with 1400whp, on a 275 pro, and I say otherwise. And i know for a fact he has been running 29.5" hoosier slicks, on prepped concrete. So you couldn't be more far off.

Somebody didn't have their coffee. What a dick. I was saying you are right and i was wrong. Dude go get laid or something.

D.T.R

Established Member
How am i being a dick ? You said word for word "Well i stand corrected sir." Perhaps you need to re-read everything you type before hitting "post".

D.T.R

Established Member
If you gonna do it anyways, whether concrete or asphalt, give some slicks a try... from my personal experience as well as everyone else i know that has tried both, they work better on the streets than a radial.

Users who are viewing this thread