suspension set ups

Lad30nyc

Established Member
My buddy recently picked up a 09 GT 500 he is looking to do his suspension. If you guys don't mind posting up your setups and a picture i would greatly appreciate it, thanks

blacknlte

Established Member
this is whats going under my 2010 today

TRZ Tubular Control Arms - 2005 - Up Mustang

s197-full.jpg

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have the complate J&M rear suspension set up sitting in my garage waiting to go on, along with other things.

J&M: Adjustable upper control arm, Extreme Joint lower control arms, adjustable Pan Hard bar and Caster Camber plates.
Steeda: Pan Hard bar brace
Eibach: Pro Kit lowering springs

Now in seeing that anti roll bar set up above, I thinking that looks pretty dam sweet. I might end up going that route now instead of using the Steeda brace and J&M Pan Hard. I have some thinking to do now, thanks a lot blacknite....

Leonard 95

Established Member
I have:

Tokico D-Spec shocks/struts
Eibach Sportline springs
J&M lower arms, adjustable upper arm, adjustable panhard, relocation bracket.

2vk0xa9.jpg

2eb7pr8.jpg

blacknlte

Established Member
I have the complate J&M rear suspension set up sitting in my garage waiting to go on, along with other things.

J&M: Adjustable upper control arm, Extreme Joint lower control arms, adjustable Pan Hard bar and Caster Camber plates.
Steeda: Pan Hard bar brace
Eibach: Pro Kit lowering springs

Now in seeing that anti roll bar set up above, I thinking that looks pretty dam sweet. I might end up going that route now instead of using the Steeda brace and J&M Pan Hard. I have some thinking to do now, thanks a lot blacknite....

No problem, the parts are very well made and are beefy too!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
This has been hashed out many times. There is even a recent thread with a bunch of lowered gt500 and suspensions from not more than 2 weeks ago.

Its no secret that I like griggs!:beer:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My suspension is listed in my sig. You'll get a variety of opinions - best to go with one of the several name-brand options we all list and put together your own kit. That's what I ended up doing.

Next thing on my list is a set of Koni front struts. Koni Sport Strut, 2005+ Mustang, single adjustable [8741-1494S] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

Then likely the RaceCraft front k-member.

Waiting in my basement to install: J&M lower control arms (normal ones), J&M upper control arm, CHE diff brace, and Evolution brand 3-point frame rail/torque box braces (better design than the other brands out there...).

If he is going to be a racing road course track monkey...griggs. That's a no joke race suspension. Van from Revan can fill you in.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Liam that you? you talking about Tom?

He should talk to Dan @ Realspeed! Dan is a suspension guru IMHO.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This has been hashed out many times. There is even a recent thread with a bunch of lowered gt500 and suspensions from not more than 2 weeks ago.

Its no secret that I like griggs!:beer:

you are right an if it didnt cost so much i would of loved to go with a griggs rear kit complete with just front coil overs

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Well instead of starting a new thread on suspension set ups i would like to ask, should i install UCA, LCA and a Panhard bar since my car just was lowered?

Leonard 95

Established Member
Well instead of starting a new thread on suspension set ups i would like to ask, should i install UCA, LCA and a Panhard bar since my car just was lowered?

I don't see how you don't notice your left rear wheel sticking out with sportlines, you need the adjustable panhard bar on for sure.

Leonard 95

Established Member
I always tape a piece of string with some weight on it to the center of the rear fender. Then measure the distance from the string to the rim on both sides.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member

Yes do those and use the combo ends or just poly ends is my 2cents

Unless you are building a race car then by all means get the Hines/spherical joints at all the ends and enjoy the noise...rofl

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
you are right an if it didnt cost so much i would of loved to go with a griggs rear kit complete with just front coil overs

Its interesting that the griggs ss chasis kit is about the same cost as the 2011 svt pack handling option! I would love to see a comparison on track between a 2011 gt500 with the griggs gr40 ss kit vs the 2011 gt500 svt pack!

XtremeS10

Established Member
I am running the TRZ setup, def not a street setup for a normal driver car, but I knew it was going to be loud, clunky, and well I know the locker doesnt help either!! Top notch setup though!

Lad30nyc

Established Member
Liam that you? you talking about Tom?

He should talk to Dan @ Realspeed! Dan is a suspension guru IMHO.

Yea bro its me! Its not for Tom (XMAN) its for someone else. He has a blue w/ white stripes '09 GT500

Users who are viewing this thread