Robbyh17

Established Member
So I am looking into purchasing:
Lowering springs
Adustable Panhard Bar
Control Arm Relocation Brackets
GT500 Strut Mounts
Camber Bolts

My question is exactly how difficult is it for the install of all of this? I called up Lamotta Performance for a quote and I got a little over $400 for the install of all parts although he quoted me individually for a few of the components. Is this a normal price?

I will be honest and say Im not too handy under my car. I'm all about DIY but I just have had virtually stock cars so far and haven't gotten the experience. The only things I have really ever done my self are exterior mods and very simple under the hood stuff. I would love to be able to do this install myself (with the help of a friend) for the gain of experience under the car and to save the money, but being that it is dealing with the suspension and all, which I am a little nervous about anyway, do you think it is something that I could tackle myself? If not, anybody have any reputable shops/prices for places in the Orlando area?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Rct851

Established Member
I installed all of that and then some. It was stupid easy especially with all the videos online.

Save your money and do it yourself. Let whoever does the allignment install the camber bolts, they might not even be needed.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Agree. It is easy. You can rent a spring compressor at your auto parts store and the rest is cake. The youtube videos will cover everything and more.

dmichaels

Established Member
I'm going to be doing a similar install soon, watched a couple youtube videos tonight and it does look very easy. If you're mechanically inclined, rent a couple tools (spring compressor and torque wrench if you don't have one) and give it a shot. Impact gun helps A LOT as well

Alejandro5.0

Established Member
Do it yourself bud, plenty of videos that will make it a breeze plus you will feel great knowing you did it yourself

Tim Comer

Established Member
If you're doing all that, put a good set of LCAs on while you have it apart. Those are easy to install also. Might need an adjustable UCA, but those are a bitch to install unless you have access to a good impact to get that upper bolt out and back in.

chao5.0

Established Member
if you are reusing the stock struts and shocks then leave out the GT500 mounts because they will not work with 2011+ struts. also depending on the lowering spring you go with you can probably leave out the camber bolts as well because I have BMR springs and I didn't require camber bolts. since you are getting lca relocation brackets might as well add lca's to the mix since you have to unbolt them from the axle anyway and what's 2 more bolts to change them out completely.

BMR Tech

I agree with everyone else. It's not too difficult, even for a first timer.

The good news is, I am a phone call away if you need any assistance (regardless of what brand you use)

Happy Modding!

Robbyh17

Established Member
Thanks for all the motivation guys! I'm pretty sure im gonna tackle it myself now! For the record, Im thinking of going BMR everything by the way.

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
I did BMR springs, panhard bar, lower control arms with relocation brackets, and strange drag shocks and struts with GT500 mounts in about 4 hours in my driveway. Super easy.

BMR Tech

Thanks for all the motivation guys! I'm pretty sure im gonna tackle it myself now! For the record, Im thinking of going BMR everything by the way.

Good choice my friend. Like I said, if you need me - I'm here. :beer:

I did BMR springs, panhard bar, lower control arms with relocation brackets, and strange drag shocks and struts with GT500 mounts in about 4 hours in my driveway. Super easy.

Nice!

Other than being easy - how do you like the mods?

Users who are viewing this thread