Suspension noise need help!

notchy444

Established Member
So I have a full suspension upgrade on my 5.0 all detailed in my tag (ford k spring drop, Koni Str.T lower control arm upgrade and relocation bracketes, adj panhead bar, Gt500 mounts camber bolts) When I turn the wheel hard i hear a popping noise coming from the front, Also I hear some popping and creeking when i go over uneven services like drive ways. Speed bumps sound alright but it bottoms out really easy. What do you think it could be?

5.0GT

Established Member
Did you tighten the sway end links to 85lb? I had the turning noise when making a wide turn on very low speed when the sway bars were on stiffest. Now that I have more stuff done to it it's on softest for DD.

The panhard bar will be very noisy if not tighten correctly. If you had the obvious no room issue try turning the bar as tight as you can to the nut on the passenger side then tighten the driver side.

grnenvy

Established Member
Sounds like u may have messed up the bearing at the top of the strut. If your not careful and experianced its very easy to do. If u do a search alot of guys have had this problem. Keep us posted on your results.

Mutt69

Street Racer
Established Member
Turn the radio up. I just replaced all my rear end components with sphericals and heim ends, now that's a noisy bitch.

cuzracecar

Established Member
Shake ur car by hand like from the wheels and the top of the strut to see if u can get the car to make the noise happen again, could be easier to hunt it down if ur right next to the sound. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be I forgot to torque down my Panhard bar at 3 in the morning when I slapped all my goodies on lol

Users who are viewing this thread