Suspension Mods

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
blown01cobra said:
You are suppose to get a bumsteer kit when you lower the car. Doesn't matter if it is lowered by coil springs or coilovers. How is it bad info? directions come with the kit that tell you everything and MM directions are top notch IMO. I did coilovers and I had no previous coilover knowledge, so I asked questions to figure out what was best for my car. As stated above it may be overkill for a street car and it just might be. Inever said It was bad info to go with a cheaper route, and I have done it also on previous mustangs I have owned before.

Also to me you sound like someone who like to cut corners? If so i would not want to be reciveing info from you but info is info take it and learn from it.

I'm glad you had a good experience, but I still think it's highly irresponsible to suggest someone just dive in feet first like that. Especially when that kind of expense is involved. I'm not accusing you of giving bad info either, I agree with you. I think the suggestion that coilovers are 'doing it right the first time' is bad info.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
CanuckCobra said:
do you think the kit i am looking at is overkill for a daily driver...I should mention that with an IRS brace I am hope for less wheelhop...and from what i can gather full length SFC's are a must for a vert..

I think it's a wise choice for that amount of money. It covers a lot of the things you'll need to get your car lowered and still maintain proper geometry, and the chassis stiffening will keep your convertible top lined up correctly for years to come. The CC plates, control arm bushings, and solid steering shaft will go a long way to making your steering feel razor-sharp. It's a well rounded setup, but it's still missing the bumpsteer kit ;-)

The IRS brace will help a little with wheel hop, but it's one of those problems that takes a lot of little things here and there to completely fix. The brace is a good start.

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
BlueStripe said:
I'm glad you had a good experience, but I still think it's highly irresponsible to suggest someone just dive in feet first like that. Especially when that kind of expense is involved. I'm not accusing you of giving bad info either, I agree with you. I think the suggestion that coilovers are 'doing it right the first time' is bad info.

Doing it right the first time means going with top notch parts and cutting no corners. It is not bad info to go ahead with coilovers you just have to make sure they are done right so the ride is enjoyable. I also agree with you on your statments; just weeding out things that we have different ideas on helps other members learn cons and pros of each setup.

cobraracer46

Banned
I dont open track my car, but I wanted to improve the looks and handling on the street, so I went the cheapo way and threw on some eibach springs and I'm happy with the way the car looks and feels on the street. By the way, the car still has the stock shocks and camber plates. :burnout: :burnout:

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
I LOVE the improvement in ride quality and handling of the coilovers over regular springs. I've used H&R sport springs, and the c/o ride much better even with a stiffer wheel rate. mine is a daily driver also.
of course if you've never driven a coilover right after a regular spring mustang, you would never think c/o was worth it too.

CanuckCobra

Established Member
BlueStripe said:
I think it's a wise choice for that amount of money. It covers a lot of the things you'll need to get your car lowered and still maintain proper geometry, and the chassis stiffening will keep your convertible top lined up correctly for years to come. The CC plates, control arm bushings, and solid steering shaft will go a long way to making your steering feel razor-sharp. It's a well rounded setup, but it's still missing the bumpsteer kit ;-)

The IRS brace will help a little with wheel hop, but it's one of those problems that takes a lot of little things here and there to completely fix. The brace is a good start.

Thanks I'll look into the bump steer kit.. :beer:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
CanuckCobra said:
Thanks Marek...I'll give them a call and see how much $$ the difference is

Speaking of which who has the best prices on MM stuff..

I got everything from Arts performance. 856-910-1065. I was pleased w/ the service and he didn't change the price even though I called him a couple weeks later. Just call him and tell him what you want and he will most likely give you a price on the spot, he did for me anyway. I have always spoken to him after 6 pm EST. I think he has a full time job during the day.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
notchstang92 said:
I got everything from Arts performance. 856-910-1065. I was pleased w/ the service and he didn't change the price even though I called him a couple weeks later. Just call him and tell him what you want and he will most likely give you a price on the spot, he did for me anyway. I have always spoken to him after 6 pm EST. I think he has a full time job during the day.

Art is the man. Almost everything I've bought from MM has come from him. He has AWESOME prices.

Users who are viewing this thread