Suspension help

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Question is on my GT 500

1.Have any of you vert owners installed full length sub frame connectors? If so how much difference in ride quality?

3. In going with LCA for my suspension do you recomend UCA also.

3. what type of wheel cleaners are you using for tough grime and brake dusting.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
sfc's shouldn't change ride quality at all.

yes, get the lower's and uppers. I like my bmr stuff...the billet lowers are better than the tubular.

simple green works well to clean wheels.

post some pix of your car.

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Getting subframes for the S197 based Mustangs is a waste of money IMO..... the chassis is plenty stiff enough... I have a 07 Vert and the chassis is very rigid. The upper control arm need will depend on how low you want to go.,

jcthorne

Established Member
I can tell you there was a significant difference in the car after installing the SFCs. The advantage will really show itself as the car ages. Had them on our 05 also and driving other 05s now the difference is quite apparent.

Not as big a deal as on the 04s and older but helpfun none the less. They incorporate the torque box braces and jacking rails as well so a pretty good investment if you will keep the car long term.

I agree on both upper and lower arms. Dont forget the bushing on top of the dif when doing the upper or the job is only half done. I like the BMR upper and J&M lowers

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
But didn't Ford stiffen the car even more for the '07 MY run for all Mustangs, due to changes made for the GT500? That would explain why the SFCs may have made a bigger difference on your '05. My friend here has a beautiful '07 GT/CS and it's *incredibly* stiff compared to my '02 GT...

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I dunno...never used it, just passing on what I've heard. Chuck, you should order some LCA's and a UCA for when the car shows up.

chuckstang

Established Member
So you think the CA's should be the very first thing to replace?
I was thinking exhaust, then CAI+tune then??

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
i would do the CA's first, then cai/tune, then pulley, then exhaust. Unless going to a x pipe or header swap the axleback is worth nothing but sound.

beabout

Established Member
Don't use Simple Green on rims... It will damage the finish on clear coated wheels... Use something more mild like a car washing detergent...

jcthorne

Established Member
eichisama said:
But didn't Ford stiffen the car even more for the '07 MY run for all Mustangs, due to changes made for the GT500? That would explain why the SFCs may have made a bigger difference on your '05. My friend here has a beautiful '07 GT/CS and it's *incredibly* stiff compared to my '02 GT...

We installed the SFCs on both the 05 and 07. Made a good difference on both. It was more noticeable when comparing 05s as they had aged 2 years and thousands of miles. Its the lack of creeks, groans and rattles that are evident in a car with SFCs installed since new. The newer bodies are better yes, but the SFCs still help a good deal. Its your car and your money. For me, I am very happy to have them.

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Thanx for the input fellas sorry it took so long to respond 65 hrs a week I dont get on much :) I will post pics when I get a chance. Its a Vista Blue vert. No interior upgrades :(

Gonna do a baseline dyno next week before mods. Seems like I will go UCA/LCA and then a pulley swap and tune from Evolution

Black86

Established Member
I've had great luck with just using regular dishwashing liquid on my rims as it removes all the brake dust including the hard to remove grease and road grime that accumulates on the rims..

Users who are viewing this thread