Suspension for Drag and Street 2010 gt500

vipboy28

Established Member
Hi - Looking for shocks struts and spring to go with. Looking to lower it just a little bit but mostly upgrade from stock. I mostly highway pull not so much drag but i will be taking it to the track this week.

Looking for something that wont kill ride performance but something that will give me better handling and an upgrade from crappy stock.

Was looking to combat wheel hop as i got the VMP stage 2 pulley and CAI with tune on stock suspension.

Thanks for the future input.

nxhappy

Established Member
you need LCAs to eliminate wheel hop .

Just FYI lowering the car will slow your 60ft times thereby slowing your 1/4 mile time. For strictly drag racing you need SOFT suspension.

Black Sex

Established Member
You should add LCA relocation brackets as well. They made a world of difference on my car.

BMR Tech

Here is what I highly recommend.

BMR-SP075 (GT500 Specific Drag springs, lowers about .75"F / 1" R)
BMR-PHR006 Adjustable Panhard Bar
BMR-CAB005 LCA Relocation Brackets
M18183C GT500 Mounts
STR-S6009LM Strange Struts
VIK-B226 Double Adjustable Rear Shocks

This package works, makes the car look great, and the ride quality is incredible.

whiplash920

Established Member
i would also change the upper control arm (i have bmr adjustable uca on my 10')....this is most important to eliminate wheel hop.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
Here is what I highly recommend.

BMR-SP075 (GT500 Specific Drag springs, lowers about .75"F / 1" R)
BMR-PHR006 Adjustable Panhard Bar
BMR-CAB005 LCA Relocation Brackets
M18183C GT500 Mounts
STR-S6009LM Strange Struts
VIK-B226 Double Adjustable Rear Shocks

This package works, makes the car look great, and the ride quality is incredible.

Do you have any pics. of the spring setup mentioned?

einehund

Established Member
I just installed BMR LCA's on my 2010 and it fixed the hop I had. Now when I break traction the ass just seems to hunker down until it grips again. SOOOOOOO NIIIIIICE!!! That is the ONLY thing I've done to my suspension and it made it nicer.

Van@RevanRacing

I'd set it up like this:

BMR UCM001 (Upper Control Arm Mount)
BMR UTCA019 (Adjustable Upper Control Arm) Adjust Pinion Angle to -2 to -3 degrees
BMR PHR006 (Adjustable Panhard Bar)
BMR PHR007 (Panhard Support Rod)
BMR CAB005 (Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets)
BMR TCA021 (Single Adjustable Lower Control Arms) Adjust Thrust angle and Pinion angle. Enables you to zero the thrust angle so the rear doesn't kick out as hard when you break traction.
Viking B26AM (Double Adjustable Crusader Shocks for the rear) Adjust compression and rebound quickly and easily for the street or strip. Advised a customer with big power recently at an NMRA event to change settings. Next pass he went from 9.70 to 9.40!! They are that good!
Revan Racing Dead Hooker Spring Kit (Drag Specific Springs that work great on the street and Strip)

Van

BAD 500

Established Member
U
I'd set it up like this:

BMR UCM001 (Upper Control Arm Mount)
BMR UTCA019 (Adjustable Upper Control Arm) Adjust Pinion Angle to -2 to -3 degrees
BMR PHR006 (Adjustable Panhard Bar)
BMR PHR007 (Panhard Support Rod)
BMR CAB005 (Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets)
BMR TCA021 (Single Adjustable Lower Control Arms) Adjust Thrust angle and Pinion angle. Enables you to zero the thrust angle so the rear doesn't kick out as hard when you break traction.
Viking B26AM (Double Adjustable Crusader Shocks for the rear) Adjust compression and rebound quickly and easily for the street or strip. Advised a customer with big power recently at an NMRA event to change settings. Next pass he went from 9.70 to 9.40!! They are that good!
Revan Racing Dead Hooker Spring Kit (Drag Specific Springs that work great on the street and Strip)

Van

No anti roll on the rear? Due to mainly street use or you don't feel it adds that much?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread