Suspension...DONE

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
It's way overdue, I know...But it is finally done. Just waiting to get the exhaust fixed up and put the new grille in.

Why yes, my John Deere DOES have a Hemi...
P1010029.jpg

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010033.jpg

Pulling in and out of my driveway is a blast...It goes from a level road to a 30-45 degree incline instantly once you hit my driveway. I am going through the grass and am pretty much perpendicular to the driveway going in and out. The trailer hitch receiver drags every time. Pulling in the first time I actually ripped off this goofy skull thing that my dad put on there and bent the electrical connections. Speed bumps are going to be fun!

Anyway, I am extremely happy with how it came out and the ride is surprisingly smooth...Drives just like a car and feels like it's on rails. Definitely diggin' those Bilsteins :rock:

I just thought I would share. I have been way pumped waiting for the truck's suspension to get finished up.

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
lookin good... i just lowered mine too and i know EXACTLY what you mean about the driveway! im in the same situation but its worth it!

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
hmm what is your set up looks good ... i want to go low but i still dd my truck not sur if i want it that low

SADF

Established Member
Truck looks great!

Your truck looks badazz in the sig! Just had to say.

Spazzy, It looks like the 4/6 my friend did on his 02 L way back in the day. His sagged a tad bit more in the back and most would rather have a little rake if it was going to be lower or higher on the front or back. Suggestion, unless you tow (which will definately be a huge pain in the ass now) Ditch the hitch assembly. It will raise up a hair and it will probably be even or a hair up in the back, plus you will lose 50 lbs. which is always good and the truck will be cleaner. My buddy did the WC 4/6 with the flip kit and had to baby notch the rear which I thought was nuts for a static drop, lol. He ended up putting air shocks in the rear cause it drove him nuts. There is a car show at the Sportsline near Riverside and Duluth Hwy. Im probly gonna stop by, just given you a headsup to see if you wanna maybe swing by. We also go to the Sonic every Thursday off Riverside for a great meet and the first Thursday of the month is the Varsity in Atlanta and if you have not been it looks like a seen from TF&TF....I swear, f'n nuts, thirty minutes to get a spot and 20 cops having to direct traffic, at what point about 100 bikes all came in it one time. It reminded me of getting stopped at a railroad stop and when you get one that takes so long and you just wonder when the **** it will end and all you see is cart after cart....

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Looks good man! Reminds me of my 1st L with a 4/6 drop! You should take out the front ISO's to level it out..

RearDrivers.jpg

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
what did u use to lower it?

hmm what is your set up looks good ... i want to go low but i still dd my truck not sur if i want it that low

WE ridin low as low... LOWRDIDA lol... looks mean buddy. What drop is that? 4/6? and what did u sue?

Front: Belltech 2" drop spindles/Belltech 2" drop springs/Bilstein shocks
Rear: Belltech C-notch/Belltech flip kit/Belltech shocks...Will be replacing soon

4/6 drop all together

Your truck looks badazz in the sig! Just had to say.

Spazzy, It looks like the 4/6 my friend did on his 02 L way back in the day. His sagged a tad bit more in the back and most would rather have a little rake if it was going to be lower or higher on the front or back. Suggestion, unless you tow (which will definately be a huge pain in the ass now) Ditch the hitch assembly. It will raise up a hair and it will probably be even or a hair up in the back, plus you will lose 50 lbs. which is always good and the truck will be cleaner. My buddy did the WC 4/6 with the flip kit and had to baby notch the rear which I thought was nuts for a static drop, lol. He ended up putting air shocks in the rear cause it drove him nuts. There is a car show at the Sportsline near Riverside and Duluth Hwy. Im probly gonna stop by, just given you a headsup to see if you wanna maybe swing by. We also go to the Sonic every Thursday off Riverside for a great meet and the first Thursday of the month is the Varsity in Atlanta and if you have not been it looks like a seen from TF&TF....I swear, f'n nuts, thirty minutes to get a spot and 20 cops having to direct traffic, at what point about 100 bikes all came in it one time. It reminded me of getting stopped at a railroad stop and when you get one that takes so long and you just wonder when the **** it will end and all you see is cart after cart....

That is really my only complaint...I would like a little more rake, so I may end up changing out to different leaf springs in the rear and bring them back up top along with a shackle drop. Maybe go for about a 5 inch drop in the back instead. I don't really plan on towing anything, so the hitch will be coming off soon...I didn't even think about it raising the truck up at all, so good thinking!
And yeah...I've been down to the Varsity shindigs before. I've never been in my Lightning, but I've been in my old Camaro SS, Cobra, and rat rod VW. It really is INSANE the amount of vehicles that show up!
Oh and check out Musclecar Evolution It's the car club I'm a part of. Tons of sweet rides and pretty much all of the members are based out of our area. We get together for meets all the time. :beer:

Looks good man! Reminds me of my 1st L with a 4/6 drop! You should take out the front ISO's to level it out..

That is actually the Lightning I was basing my decision upon for lowering it:rockon:
I was thinking about removing the isolators, but how is the ride without them?

Thanks again everyone!
-Tyler:coolman:

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
im partial to those headlights lol but sweet ride man, spindles are a good way to lower i've heard. i may end up just droping some spindles in

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
im partial to those headlights lol but sweet ride man, spindles are a good way to lower i've heard. i may end up just droping some spindles in

The Belltech's were a great quality piece. I am very pleased with them. The only gripe I had was putting the brake caliper back on one of the sides (I can't remember if it was driver or passenger). I ended up having to take my grinder to it for a little more clearance to get the bolt holes to line up...Other than that, great product!

Users who are viewing this thread