Surprised another S197

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
On my way home from work I'm at a light just waiting for it to change. A white s197 gt pulls up next to me. I thought nothing about it until the light turned green and he took off kind of hard. So I play chase at part throttle. We get stopped at the next light and he and his buddy are smiling ear to ear and the passenger said "it's not bad for a truck". So I replied "thanks, how about a real run to the next light?"

They laugh and the passenger say "Bro, this is a mustang gt. My buddy has stuff done to it so it's going to be way faster than a truck."

I said "I don't think so, but let's find out"

Light turned green we both launched and the poor mustang didn't stand a chance. By 80 he was a bus length behind me. So I slowed and coasted to the next light. The mustang pulled up next to me and the driver looked sad and the passenger looked upset. Before he could say anything I said "not bad for a gt mustang"

The passenger quickly said "Bro, that wasn't a fair race we could hear your supercharger as you were pulling away."

I smiled and said "Lightnings come with a supercharger from the factory"

He looked at me like he wanted to call me a liar but also like he had never heard of a lightning before. He seemed really confused and then we each drive out separate ways.

Last edited:

C5Reeper

Established Member
It's silly to see people who supposedly mod their cars but don't know jack about other cars, even other Fords. Good kill

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Great story, my favorite part was when you said "not bad for a gt mustang" before he could say anything:D.

Sburns015

Established Member
Good kill! I bet the driver of the GT went home and looked up anything he could find on Google and Wikipedia about Lightning's!

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
OP, I only street race d-bags like that guy.

The other day a Camaro SS, that I frequently see, gave me a thumbs up at a red light. He was to the right of me and asked if I wanted to run. I declined and continued with my errands. Had he been revving and laughing at me with his buddy, you bet your ass I'd race him.

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
Great story, my favorite part was when you said "not bad for a gt mustang" before he could say anything:D.

Thanks. That was what made my night.

Good kill! I bet the driver of the GT went home and looked up anything he could find on Google and Wikipedia about Lightning's!

Lol. That's what I was thinking too. He seemed like the type that bought a mustang because he heard it was the cool thing to do. And his passenger had the same mind set but couldn't afford one lol

A Ford lightning is one vehicle you don't want to underestimate at a red light. Good kill.

Thanks. I think they will think twice before messing with another truck. Only because they won't know how to tell if it's a lightning or not. Lol. They seemed that stupid about cars.

OP, I only street race d-bags like that guy.

The other day a Camaro SS, that I frequently see, gave me a thumbs up at a red light. He was to the right of me and asked if I wanted to run. I declined and continued with my errands. Had he been revving and laughing at me with his buddy, you bet your ass I'd race him.

I like to have fun from time to time beating someone onto the freeway. But you are right when they act like dbags the deserve to be put in their place.

Good kill. How do you drive a mustang a not know what a lightning is?

I think this guy was the type to buy a mustang cuz his buddy's said it'd be cool to do. I don't think the driver really knew anything about cars at all. And the passenger didn't seem to know much more. Lol

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I wonder if he would be surprised if someone told him 03/04 had a factory blower?

Nice kill...

Stinger2011

Established Member
A lot of people are like that these days. My co-worker believes v6 cars will "smoke" their v8 counter parts and her 4.3l silverado will beat a 5.3 of the same year. She told my buddy that I think she doesn't know anything about cars but her mom used to work at a dealership. Wtf? Lol.

People love to talk about cars, even if they don't know anything about them.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I enjoyed that story...I still remember the first time I got my a** handed to by a lightning in my gt a few years back:burnout:....fast forward to present day I ran into the same exact guy in my cobra lets just say outcome was vice verse

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
I wonder if he would be surprised if someone told him 03/04 had a factory blower?

Nice kill...

Thanks.
He'd probably laugh it off and think it was a joke.

A lot of people are like that these days. My co-worker believes v6 cars will "smoke" their v8 counter parts and her 4.3l silverado will beat a 5.3 of the same year. She told my buddy that I think she doesn't know anything about cars but her mom used to work at a dealership. Wtf? Lol.

People love to talk about cars, even if they don't know anything about them.

So true. I can't stand people like that

Great kill, I loved the "not fair" expression

Thanks. That made me laugh too. I thought maybe it wasn't far because I was in a truck that weighs almost 5000 lbs and maybe in fair in his 2008-2009 mustang gt against my 1999 truck that has 10 year older technology. Lol

I enjoyed that story...I still remember the first time I got my a** handed to by a lightning in my gt a few years back:burnout:....fast forward to present day I ran into the same exact guy in my cobra lets just say outcome was vice verse

Thanks. I bet it was a rather different outcome. Lightnings don't stand much of a chance against a bolt on cobra unless they are putting down some serious power out of the lightning.

I still remember having my a** handed to me by my buddy's e85 whipple cobra. Let's just say he made it look like I wasn't even pushing the gas pedal. Lol

A-spec

Established Member
Great story! Good job on your behalf buckachow. You play it perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread