Surprise Find / Gift

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member
Mods if in wrong place please move.

I've put my Teksid block build off for bout ten years. Focused on paying off the house. Now if nothing pops up, time to get back to it.

Talking to a buddy last year and he was telling me he had 03/04 Cobra heads sitting by his garage. Wound up he told me if I wanted them just to come and take them, just these are in rough shape. He went on talking they might be from a Navigator and really wasn't to sure if they were from a 03/04 Cobra. Though he said they were the same head, which he's right yet not so right from what I read. Slight differences. How he got them, he had them for so long he didn't even know.

Fast forward to yesterday. Went to his garage and we had to go looking in the tall grass finding them on a pallet. I've had 03/04 Cobra heads in the past and never got round to using them, bills popped up and they had to go. Navigators on a Teksid block or any 4.6 block I've read is not an easy swap. So in a way I was hoping these were Cobra heads I was going to pick up.

Thanked him and when I got home I looked closer. Cleaned them off n jotted down the number on the side of the heads. These cams, chain, springs, and sprockets are shot and maybe the valves themselves. Still has the OEM Exhaust manifolds and shields on them and the EGR tube. Not worried bout the cams, sprockets and the rest. These heads will be sent out anyways to first see if they are still good and then refurbished then built for my build. Will use my turbo I have now.

When looking on the computer and on here I found out yep, these are 03 Cobra heads. Ran the casting numbers RF-2C5E-6C064-DA / RF-2C5E-6C064-AG and saw the blue paint line on the DA driver side head. Yes, I've read on here bout the blue paint line with people telling their side of it.

I'm just surprised he just said come and take them.

If anyone has a good reputable company they know of that would be able to work with me on what I'm looking to do that would be great. Please post. I've been out of this for so long I don't even know if the names I know of even still exist. The only one I'm sure of is MHS.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The latest part number is the preferred head, of course, since it is the only one that fixed the infamous "tick issue". Still a nice find.

Users who are viewing this thread