supporting mods....

termynator

Established Member
Ok so this is my first termy so i have alot to learn. i am coming from the 5.0 world so this is all new to me. my goal is to have a 10 scecond DD. My car as it sits is a 04 mystichrome with slp long tubes,x pipe,catback(no cats),sra with 3.73s. i am debating to either get a posi port,whipple or KB. either way i will need supporting mods so where should i start? a list from most important to least important would be great. anyone that wants to tell me to "search" dont even bother posting. i just want to hear what you guys have to say without the select few that feel they need to be a$$hats:beer:

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
so if i do a posi port what "fuel" mods should i go with? i know injectors,pumps,etc but what exactly?

Doubt you will need injectors but it is possible. I would say a BAP (Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump), a SCT2600 MAF or Diablo, RAI, posi race or steig stage 4+ and a 4lb lower.

Add some DRs, MGW short throw, dual pass HE, flsfc and some seat time and you should be able to get under 11.

If you go twin screw like Whipple or KB then you will definitely need injectors, new fuel pumps and a bigger MAF.

Last edited:

Fat-cat

Established Member
To make sure you get there get a whipple or KB. Then the fuel mods intake and away you go .. puy some c16 in her and lean on it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Depending on your budget and racing skill, a Posi port with supporting mods might be more than enough to meet your 10 second goal. If you have racing experience then I would say go Posi. If you're unsure and think you might want more power, then go with a twin-screw. Sounds like the Posi port/supporting mods might be the ticket you're looking for, though. JMO.

gabe1530

Banned
id look at your long term goals.
say you get the posi port and want more from the terminator (not saying a posi port is bad just weighing options). should have taken the money from the port to spend on a twin screw.

fuel for a port would be a BAP, 60lb injectors and a MAF from sct or diablo. dont skimp out on fuel if your going twin screw tho.

termynator

Established Member
say you get the posi port and want more from the terminator (not saying a posi port is bad just weighing options). should have taken the money from the port to spend on a twin screw.

fuel for a port would be a BAP, 60lb injectors and a MAF from sct or diablo. dont skimp out on fuel if your going twin screw tho.

so if i do a port i shouldnt need pumps, just a BAP?

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
kenne bell boost a pump, 60lb injectors, MAF, tune will get you in the 10's with some suspension and driver mods.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member

I couldn't have said it any better! Go Twin screw and don't look back man.

Users who are viewing this thread