Supporting mods for a ported eaton?

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I just posted recently about my stock SC bearings and gears going out. I have been looking at getting a used SC but most of them are ported. Before I make a decision I cannot follow through on, what are the general supporting mods for getting a ported eaton?

A quick few lists would help immensely. Injectors, fuel pumps?

Or can the stock setup work with the ported?

I realize there are tons of supporting mods needed for a twin screw but I am unsure about the ports.

Thanks fellas!

89slowgt331

Established Member
With a 2.8 upper ported eaton all you should need is a maf meter or mafia and maybe a kenny bell boost a pump, also a retune maybe. should make 490-505 rwhp about 480-500 tq. I saw some cheap $2-300 stock eatons on craigslist i your on a budget or dont want to upgrade.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
If you stick with the "stock" lower, you can get away with just a BAP, MAF ... and you'll be at, or just over 500 rwhp / 480 rwtq with a ported Eaton!

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Might need injectors with an upper only port. I know I needed them. Its amazing how different each car is.

noted...

I am adding up in my head right now and am leaning towards finding a used ported one to satisfy my summer. Since I need to slap one on it might as well be ported....

I will talk to my tuner tomorrow morning and plan this out.

ctgreddy

Established Member
i am from saginaw, and will be putting on my ported blower soon. so if you'd like a stock one i'll give you mine for 250 with the stock pulley. or 300 if you want the upr 2.8 that's on it.

89slowgt331

Established Member
i am from saginaw, and will be putting on my ported blower soon. so if you'd like a stock one i'll give you mine for 250 with the stock pulley. or 300 if you want the upr 2.8 that's on it.

What color is your cobra? i am in saginaw (gratiot and M52)
i have a mineral grey coupe.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member

How many miles do you have on your stocker?

Thanks for the update. I am open to all suggestions right now and would be able to drive that way.

Users who are viewing this thread