Supply and Demand

GodStang

Established Member
I’m just gonna say that while people wanna whine and use the argument CO was available on v6,GT, and Mach 1 while it was. It’s still a sought after color on the terminator and brings coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean SB was on V6, GT, F150, F250, Lightnings, Rangers, also one of the 3 or 4 most made 03 Color and it is still one of the top Value Cobra's on the market.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
A couple points worth mentioning. The 93 Cobra was literally a 1 year car. Only 5000 or so were built. 1992 and 1994 were different. The Terminator was a 2 year car with roughly 20,000 built. These numbers make finding a low-mile unmolested 93 much more of a challenge than an 03/04. This goes back to the “supply vs. demand” thing.

As for orange and Mystichrome on the Terminators, I personally choose Mystichrome every time. I like that most people have never seen one. Everyone has seen an orange Mustang. Fortunately everyone’s tastes are different though. Otherwise we’d all drive the same thing, which would be boring.

Okay Goose. You own both and you are the SME as far as I'm concerned. In order to compare apples to apples, so to speak, how many MC Terminators were created? I think if we are comparing the rare Teal 93 Cobra we should compare it to something comparable.

So, Teal 93 Cobra = 1 year production and only 500 built

MC 04 Cobra = 1 year production and how many built????

This may be a better comparison for debate sake LOL.

GodStang

Established Member
Okay Goose. You own both and you are the SME as far as I'm concerned. In order to compare apples to apples, so to speak, how many MC Terminators were created? I think if we are comparing the rare Teal 93 Cobra we should compare it to something comparable.

Annotation.png

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thank you GodStang.

So, if we go by coupe there are 15 more MC Cobra's. Seems to me that it would be on par with the Teal 93 Cobra. Maybe even more desirable due to the power rating of the Terminator.

Pretty sure when the Terminator reaches classic car status, which is only a few years away, we "should" see prices begin to climb. Just my point of view...…….

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Vibrant Red 93 is the only way to go...Sexiest color looks Orange at night and Red during day!!

MC Cobra you couldn't pay me to take one.. The seats and steering wheel make me gag.. No joke

Why would ford use that interior on the car... I'm good

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I owned a Vibrant Red and really liked it, I personally love Black, but my bud owned a Teal and talked smack about how no color compared to his Teal.

I am sure its a matter of preference to each their own. But I am also sure if someone was to pay you to take a Mystic you wouldn't turn it down!

Its a color that's just hard not to like!

Hell, pay me to take any Terminator i wont turn it down!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
LOL, love this thread!!! Everyone has different tastes when it comes to color. I like black. My first car was black and my 380R is black. When I was younger I would always pick black. In my older years you couldn't pay me to take a black car. Too much damn work keeping it clean. Like they say, black is not a color it's a job LOL.

Give me white and silver these days. My 65 is red, but that is not as hard to keep clean as black LOL.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL, love this thread!!! Everyone has different tastes when it comes to color. I like black. My first car was black and my 380R is black. When I was younger I would always pick black. In my older years you couldn't pay me to take a black car. Too much damn work keeping it clean. Like they say, black is not a color it's a job LOL.

Give me white and silver these days. My 65 is red, but that is not as hard to keep clean as black LOL.

I think white is just as hard if not worse than black

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I owned a Vibrant Red and really liked it, I personally love Black, but my bud owned a Teal and talked smack about how no color compared to his Teal.

I am sure its a matter of preference to each their own. But I am also sure if someone was to pay you to take a Mystic you wouldn't turn it down!

Its a color that's just hard not to like!

Hell, pay me to take any Terminator i wont turn it down!

Again I love the outside of a MC.. but the interior just screams greenhorn..

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think white is just as hard if not worse than black

Not where I live. My wife had a white F-150. When I would finish cleaning my Roush you could see the layer of dust immediately after cleaning. You could not see that layer of dust after cleaning the white truck. Also, truck stayed cooler when sitting out in the sun. Another bonus of white...…...

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Not where I live. My wife had a white F-150. When I would finish cleaning my Roush you could see the layer of dust immediately after cleaning. You could not see that layer of dust after cleaning the white truck. Also, truck stayed cooler when sitting out in the sun. Another bonus of white...…...

I love black too. My past 3 DD's have been black. I work in the trucking industry so my vehicles get dirty everyday which is why I just decided to get what I really like and deal with it.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I mean SB was on V6, GT, F150, F250, Lightnings, Rangers, also one of the 3 or 4 most made 03 Color and it is still one of the top Value Cobra's on the market.

Bingo. My point exactly.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member

This comparison is not “apples to apples.” You are comparing colors between a 1 year only car with 5000 built and the other from a 2 year car with ~ 20,000 built. There are a lot less 93 Cobras of ANY color than there are Terminators of any color.

This will have an effect on prices. All colors of a 93 Cobra will be high on a low mile pristine example. Yes, Teal cars will be at the top of the price pyramid.

With the Terminators, there are a bunch more in circulation. There are far more low mile pristine examples. Having said that, Mystichrome cars will be at the top of the price pyramid.

In any event, both 93 Cobras and 03/04 Terminators make for a great collector car. I have purchased 3 Mystichrome verts and sold 2 of them. Both of them sold for more than I paid after having driven them for awhile... that’s not too shabby in my book.

Layingrubber

Established Member
I agree that color has a lot to do with sales price. I have seen SB, torch red, and MC go for a bigger tag. I think the yellow and silver are trailing.

How do you guys feel about the verts. Do you think verts are worth more, less, same?

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I agree that color has a lot to do with sales price. I have seen SB, torch red, and MC go for a bigger tag. I think the yellow and silver are trailing.

How do you guys feel about the verts. Do you think verts are worth more, less, same?

I think the Verts Are catching up, but they will be equal to the Coupes in the next 5-10 years and than actually surpass the Coupes in the 10-15 years from now range......

People will buy them for the Nostalgia of to feel young again and the racing and HP crowd will have moved on.

Palacios289

Established Member
I’m only 39 years old. Don’t have the itch to race and other stupid stuff of younger days. Sold my coupe terminator for my current torch red vert. Wouldn’t have it any other way. living in Southern California with year round driving weather is pretty darn nice.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I think the Verts Are catching up, but they will be equal to the Coupes in the next 5-10 years and than actually surpass the Coupes in the 10-15 years from now range......

People will buy them for the Nostalgia of to feel young again and the racing and HP crowd will have moved on.
Nailed it!

Terminators will most likely follow the muscle cars from the 60s/70s. When the cars were new, the racer-types want coupes because “RACECAR!” This keeps coupe prices higher than verts. As the cars age and are no longer the latest/greatest performance machines, they become more of a boulevard cruiser. This is when verts command a premium over coupes. Watch any auction... they say: “When the top goes down, the price goes up!”

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I still think coupes will go for more. Hemi verts bring some coin. But Mustangs I’ll take a fastback any day and twice on Sunday over a vert. You’re either a vert guy or you’re not, no in between.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well my redfire won't be worth much, it's not a popular color. So I'll just keep modding it and enjoying it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
The problem you have with your argument is while there are less 93 Cobras, there are also less people wanting them. There is just not that demand for 93 Cobras as there is for 03-04 Cobras. Look at the WTB ads on this site. There are more WTB 03-04 Cobras for the month of Jan 2020 then basically the past 3 years of WTB 93 Cobras. Just not the demand that goes with the Rarity.

The only thing the 93 Cobra has going for it is it's rarity. It was not fast. It was not really stylish. I mean it was a GT with a body kit and a little better engine components. Also around here the Notches go for way more than the hatch.

The 03-04 Cobra brought the "Supercharge Everything" mentality to the table. The GT500, ZR1, Demon, ZL1?, Red eye are all because of the 03-04 Cobra. While the "supply" is greater on the 03-04 Cobra the demand is also much much higher.

This comparison is not “apples to apples.” You are comparing colors between a 1 year only car with 5000 built and the other from a 2 year car with ~ 20,000 built. There are a lot less 93 Cobras of ANY color than there are Terminators of any color.

This will have an effect on prices. All colors of a 93 Cobra will be high on a low mile pristine example. Yes, Teal cars will be at the top of the price pyramid.

With the Terminators, there are a bunch more in circulation. There are far more low mile pristine examples. Having said that, Mystichrome cars will be at the top of the price pyramid.

In any event, both 93 Cobras and 03/04 Terminators make for a great collector car. I have purchased 3 Mystichrome verts and sold 2 of them. Both of them sold for more than I paid after having driven them for awhile... that’s not too shabby in my book.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread