Supply and Demand

Palacios289

Established Member
Godstang, every car show I’ve been to Terminators are well known by even non ford guys. Even the hellcat boys know to not mess with modded terminators. The recognition is out there that a terminator is a way different beast from a New edge mustang.

GodStang

Established Member
Godstang, every car show I’ve been to Terminators are well known by even non ford guys. Even the hellcat boys know to not mess with modded terminators. The recognition is out there that a terminator is a way different beast from a New edge mustang.

Maybe it's differences in areas. Here people crowd around the Vettes, Chargers, and 5.0s and walk by the New edge cars. Shoot I got guys with 400hp calling my car out. I just smile and nod my head and keep hood down.

It was basically the American Supra.

See post #19. I agree but felt the Supra had Paul Walker and Gran Trismo to boost their popularity.

Palacios289

Established Member
Godstang, maybe some of those vette and charger boys got their ass handed to them by a terminator and are shell shocked to see one at a show.:):):)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It was basically the American Supra.

except the Supra didn’t have a successor in over two decades.

the 03/04 has had continual iterations in Shelby form. Not only that, but also competition with the same formula in its competitors.

People thinking that the 03/04s commanding a $40K plus price tag, will be common place, are in for a rude awakening.

Only absolute gems, kept in a bubble, will pitch anything comparable or above. And only guys that are loaded will make such purchases.

For your every day purchase / transaction, mid 30s will be the limit.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Sounds lovely, but I just don’t see that aggressive of a value increase. Out of all of my cars, my 11k mile Teal 93 Cobra has risen the quickest. It is approaching double what I paid for it in 2014. I don’t see the Terminators on the same value curve (yet).

I see your point and respect your opinion Goose. However, in 10 years I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
People thinking that the 03/04s commanding a $40K plus price tag, will be common place, are in for a rude awakening.

You make valid points Zyborg. All we can do is wait and see.

I don't think you need to be loaded. People at Mecum seem to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for cars. I'm not saying the 03/04 Cobra will hit those numbers. All I'm saying is "if" they do people can afford to pay it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You make valid points Zyborg. All we can do is wait and see.

I don't think you need to be loaded. People at Mecum seem to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for cars. I'm not saying the 03/04 Cobra will hit those numbers. All I'm saying is "if" they do people can afford to pay it.

Absolutely. It would be nice. We shall see.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Sounds lovely, but I just don’t see that aggressive of a value increase. Out of all of my cars, my 11k mile Teal 93 Cobra has risen the quickest. It is approaching double what I paid for it in 2014. I don’t see the Terminators on the same value curve (yet).

Have to agree with Goose here, my buddy has a Super clean 93 Teal cobra (non original motor) fully modded beast with over 100k on the ticker, and just sold it on ebay for 30k.

So i can only imagine what a clean unmolested original will go for? Barrett Jackson sold some fox bodied Mustang for some insane prices last month.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Have to agree with Goose here, my buddy has a Super clean 93 Teal cobra (non original motor) fully modded beast with over 100k on the ticker, and just sold it on ebay for 30k.

So i can only imagine what a clean unmolested original will go for? Barrett Jackson sold some fox bodied Mustang for some insane prices last month.
Come on Will. If a Fox body is going for that amount now, imagine what a Terminator, that was only built for 2 years, will go for in 10 years.

I think the Terminator will be more desirable than a Fox Body that was built for many years.....

Just my point of view.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Come on Will. If a Fox body is going for that amount now, imagine what a Terminator, that was only built for 2 years, will go for in 10 years.

I think the Terminator will be more desirable than a Fox Body that was built for many years.....

The 93 Cobra was a 1 year only car with a lot fewer built than the Terminators. It was the birth of SVT and the Teal examples command the highest of the 3 colors (R models excluded). It’s extremely difficult to find a lower mileage un-modded 93... supply vs. demand.

Palacios289

Established Member
Absolutely correct about the 93 cobra. But I still feel the terminators will get to similar selling dollar amounts. Most likely starting with comp orange and mystichrome colors. Without sounding like a total fanboy, the terminator started in my opinion the domestic supercharged performance vehicles. It’s a visceral driving experience with the terminator. Still feels like a muscle car. I was 22 when the terminator first came out. Could not afford it at the time. I could afford a Mach 1 which I purchased. But i always had the itch for a terminator. Once I got into a position I could afford one, I bought one. I was just at the local tire shop. Young kid at the shop was telling me the terminator is the car he wants. the terminator carries the mystique of the muscle cars past.

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member

Glenn,
i am not doubting the the 03-04s will continue to increase in value, its pretty obvious by seeing what some of these cars have sold for here on the svt forums, and trust me compared to a fox body they are definitely a better bang for the buck, and after 17 years in the market these motors still have insane potential.

But with that said, original condition or not, them 93 Cobra (especially Teal cars) are desirable by the Fox body community and command some good $$$.
My buds car is a high mileage, gorgeous 700+ modified monster and still brung in 30K!

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Glenn,
But with that said, original condition or not, them 93 Cobra (especially Teal cars) are desirable by the Fox body community and command some good $$$.
!

Ugh, Teal. Worst color by far on a fox body and I even owned one. Any color is better looking than teal on these cars.

Goose17

Established Member
Ugh, Teal. Worst color by far on a fox body and I even owned one. Any color is better looking than teal on these cars.
Fortunately you are in the minority with that opinion since Teal cars command a premium. It is the only color of the 3 that is metallic. I dig mine.

13996-A1-E-7211-4375-B6-DF-CA1908-F3930-C.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The 93 Cobra was a 1 year only car with a lot fewer built than the Terminators. It was the birth of SVT and the Teal examples command the highest of the 3 colors (R models excluded). It’s extremely difficult to find a lower mileage un-modded 93... supply vs. demand.

Glenn,
i am not doubting the the 03-04s will continue to increase in value, its pretty obvious by seeing what some of these cars have sold for here on the svt forums, and trust me compared to a fox body they are definitely a better bang for the buck, and after 17 years in the market these motors still have insane potential.

My buds car is a high mileage, gorgeous 700+ modified monster and still brung in 30K!

Goose and Will,

I hear you guys and understand. But, by your logic that should apply to the CO and MC Terminators. Only 1 year colors just like the Teal 93 Cobra. My point, going by your logic, is the terminator was only built for 2 years. That style Fox was built from 1987 to 1993. Also, the Terminator is 10 years behind the Fox. So, if Teal 93 Foxes are going for X amount today, imagine what a CO or MC Terminator (and the other colors) go for 10 years from now?

I think your Teal Cobra is awesome Goose! Wish I still had my Fox Body...………..

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Goose and Will,

I hear you guys and understand. But, by your logic that should apply to the CO and MC Terminators. Only 1 year colors just like the Teal 93 Cobra. My point, going by your logic, is the terminator was only built for 2 years. That style Fox was built from 1987 to 1993. Also, the Terminator is 10 years behind the Fox. So, if Teal 93 Foxes are going for X amount today, imagine what a CO or MC Terminator (and the other colors) go for 10 years from now?

Glenn,
The teal was only an example due to being a 1 year car. When it comes to the Terms I have seen several clean examples here of various colors (DSG, OW, etc.) go for top dollar, and honestly not to offend anyone! CO is a beautiful color, but that color was on every model Mustang; base, GT, Mach 1, and yes for limited quantities on the Cobra, but I dont get the rareness.
Again i agree these cars will increase to a higher level of value at some point.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Glenn,
The teal was only an example due to being a 1 year car. When it comes to the Terms I have seen several clean examples here of various colors (DSG, OW, etc.) go for top dollar, and honestly not to offend anyone! CO is a beautiful color, but that color was on every model Mustang; base, GT, Mach 1, and yes for limited quantities on the Cobra, but I dont get the rareness.
Again i agree these cars will increase to a higher level of value at some point.

I agree with you Will. I mention CO as it is "rare" on the Cobra. I think we are saying the same thing, just using different examples LOL. You're good in my book brother!!!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I’m just gonna say that while people wanna whine and use the argument CO was available on v6,GT, and Mach 1 while it was. It’s still a sought after color on the terminator and brings coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose17

Established Member
Goose and Will,

A couple points worth mentioning. The 93 Cobra was literally a 1 year car. Only 5000 or so were built. 1992 and 1994 were different. The Terminator was a 2 year car with roughly 20,000 built. These numbers make finding a low-mile unmolested 93 much more of a challenge than an 03/04. This goes back to the “supply vs. demand” thing.

As for orange and Mystichrome on the Terminators, I personally choose Mystichrome every time. I like that most people have never seen one. Everyone has seen an orange Mustang. Fortunately everyone’s tastes are different though. Otherwise we’d all drive the same thing, which would be boring.

Users who are viewing this thread