Supersake Exhaust 13/14

keystonemedical

Established Member
Does anyone have the SuperSnake axleback on a 13/14 and if so, was it much louder than the factory exhaust ? The sound clips Ive found, the SS doesnt appear to make a big difference in sound or tone compared to stock.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Does anyone have the SuperSnake axleback on a 13/14 and if so, was it much louder than the factory exhaust ? The sound clips Ive found, the SS doesnt appear to make a big difference in sound or tone compared to stock.

In the past '11 and '12 SS, the Borla Touring exhaust was utilized. The Touring is slightly louder than stock. I would assume the Touring is utilized on the '13 and '14 SS.

The Borla S Type takes the sound up a notch. normal idle is a bit louder than stock, but WOT is a whole different animal. I for one think the Borla S Type is the perfect blend between stock and aftermarket. People can hear you coming from a distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keystonemedical

Established Member
In the past '11 and '12 SS, the Borla Touring exhaust was utilized. The Touring is slightly louder than stock. I would assume the Touring is utilized on the '13 and '14 SS.

The Borla S Type takes the sound up a notch. normal idle is a bit louder than stock, but WOT is a whole different animal. I for one think the Borla S Type is the perfect blend between stock and aftermarket. People can hear you coming from a distance.

Im on the fence with even swapping the OEM out at this point. I always thought the SS exhaust was sexy but, Im not sure if paying over a grand to just get sexy makes sense. If there was a big difference in sound, I would. However, the research Im doing says there isnt alot. Thanks for the input.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Im on the fence with even swapping the OEM out at this point. I always thought the SS exhaust was sexy but, Im not sure if paying over a grand to just get sexy makes sense. If there was a big difference in sound, I would. However, the research Im doing says there isnt alot. Thanks for the input.

Borla has a great clip on a '10 Mustang GT of the Touring, S Type and Attak. Its a great clip. I have converting my snake to the specs of an SS, so I wanted the Borla. I had a hp gain of around 7 rwhp and very happy with my changeover. I like the fact the normal idle is just a bit louder, but deeper sound. one time at WOT, you'll be happy you changed.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
One other thing: You can sell your old '13/'14 system to reduce your total cost. You should be able to at least $200 for your old. My upgrade out of pocket was around $800 including tax, shipping and sale of the old system.

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
Does anyone have the SuperSnake axleback on a 13/14 and if so, was it much louder than the factory exhaust ?
As far as loudness goes, yes they are a bit louder than the stock mufflers on the 13/14 GT500's at most RPM ranges. At WOT I'd say they are considerably louder. I'm not sure how to quantify the exact amount though. The overall loudness of the various exhaust systems has always been difficult to judge from online videos.

So yes, the SS mufflers are louder. In addition to that, the big difference in the SS borla mufflers (s-type canister) is the tone. As Ohio Snake mentioned, they have a much deeper tone than the stock mufflers.

With headers and an offroad H-pipe I find myself switching back and forth between the stock mufflers & the SS borla kit often.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
The SS 13-14 exhaust sounds great but DRONES bad. They look and sound more like the old stingers that I had on my terminator which also droned.

I do have carted long tubes so that does make a difference.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I've run the SS mufflers on my 14 w/ stock headers and mid pipe, O/R h pipe and now ARH lt' s w/ catted H. Overall they are much deeper and slightly louder than stock, w/ the O/R h they gained volume and sound great but picked up some pooping and cracking on decel. Currently w/ the headers and hi flow cats they still have the volume of the O/R mid pipe but the sound is cleaned up on revel. I got mine in the classifieds and after selling my stock mufflers only paid $500, not sure I would pay $1000+ although they do look and sound great.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ebay. $1199. Seems to be the price range of mufflers for these cars. IMHO, the best looking tips.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I just installed these pipes purchased from the ebay seller. He is a parts seller for SAI and has access to a few sets. Interestingly, they shipped for Las Vegas and he is in CA as I recall. SAI in Vegas no longer has any to sell. I would think they have some on hand for SS builds.

My exhaust is 100% stock other than the mufflers.

Previously, I had Borla S. I really like them. They looked good, quad tips were larger than stock, sound was good, NO drone and they have a nice tone.

These are ATAK mufflers and a very small muffler. They are straight through with a perforation inside. The tips are killer and the biggest reason I bought them. They are definitely louder than the S or stock. I haven't been on the highway yet but it seems like they are going to drone. Just driving in town, it is considerable louder and deeper in the cabin of the vehicle. I'm not sure what I will do if they drone. I really enjoy being able to cruise in this vehicle on the highway.

DSCN8491.JPG
Rear View.jpg
DSCN8507.JPG

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I'm running American racing long tubes Offroad mid pipe and the SS axle back and I'm told at WOT my car sounds like a top fuel dragster. Inside the car it doesn't sound that loud to me but I've raced a few people and when I'm pulling on them and the rear of my car goes passed there window they plug there ears or try to close the wi

keystonemedical

Established Member
I just installed these pipes purchased from the ebay seller. He is a parts seller for SAI and has access to a few sets. Interestingly, they shipped for Las Vegas and he is in CA as I recall. SAI in Vegas no longer has any to sell. I would think they have some on hand for SS builds.

Previously, I had Borla S. I really like them. They looked good, quad tips were larger than stock, sound was good, NO drone and they have a nice tone.

These are ATAK mufflers and a very small muffler. They are straight through with a perforation inside. The tips are killer and the biggest reason I bought them. They are definitely louder than the S or stock. I haven't been on the highway yet but it seems like they are going to drone. Just driving in town, it is considerable louder and deeper in the cabin of the vehicle. I'm not sure what I will do if they drone. I really enjoy being able to cruise in this vehicle on the highway.

View attachment 89707 View attachment 89708 View attachment 89709

Let me know what happens with these drone wise. I Had ATAKs on my Camaro and they were loud and did have some drone to them, I really dont want to have this current car that loud.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
They drone in the typical range. I installed a set of resonators from ARG which made the drone much more livable without too much impact on the exterior volume. Still have a drone but not as bad. Not sure that these are atak mufflers either as the ataks I have seen have been much larger. These seem more like the old stingers.

Kel

Established Member
:)

View attachment 89707 View attachment 89708 View attachment 89709

Nice behind shot, I have nothing to add to the post other than I love the license plate holder :)

Users who are viewing this thread