Supercharging my car need help!

Tytus2012

Established Member
Hi my name is Tyler. I have a 2012 GTCS. I have a 2013 shelby on order but i havent had any car payments in 4 months and like not having them so i am going to cancel my order(anyone want it?) So now i am going to mod my 12.
I am looking to get a supercharger roush, procharger ect.. I have read alot about them and not sure really what direction i want to go. My car is a DD and i want reliabilty still and would like to be under 600 rwhp. My question is from others experience what way to go? I use to have a 04 sti and really like the sound of having a tvs with the instant power down low. Also if anyone is around the sarasota, Fl area and has any of these done to their car and wouldnt mine giving me a ride to see what it feels like that would be even better. Thank you for your time.

Tyler

BlackMamba3

Established Member
If this is your DD and you want under 600rwhp, then I'd go with Roush. Lots of guys on here have that set up and love it. Add an AED tune and you're set.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
If they werent so expensive I would go Whipple hands down, so if price is not really a consirn then go TVS/Whipple 2.3. If you want something a little more flashy/aftermarket looking, go Kenne bell. If price IS a concern then look into the Paxton/vortech kits. They can be had for around $5K for the full kit and will easily get you into the 570-600whp range on the stock pulley's.

I DD my 2013 GT and I am going Paxton since I cant justify/afford spending over $6K for a base whipple that I know I will max out before Im happy. The paxton is good for over 1000whp if you ever feel the need to build the motor and take it that high. Either way, any blower on the market for these cars has the ability to max the stock motor so if you want to stay on the stock block, you cant really go wrong either way.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
The magnuson tvs kit is available with a powertrain warranty. For that reason alone I would go that route and they make great power with stock like Driveabilty. I'm pretty sure there the only kit on the market that offers a powertrain warranty..

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
If this is your DD and you want under 600rwhp, then I'd go with Roush. Lots of guys on here have that set up and love it. Add an AED tune and you're set.

this is the setup I have and absolutely love it. The Roush TVS plus AED tune is pretty badass. car has been 11.2@129 on street tires.

cclark

Established Member
Why is it that the tvs and whipple kits are more expensive than the centrifugal Paxton and vortech kits but with the centrifugal supercharges there is so much more room to grow and make more power than the pd blowers?

Tytus2012

Established Member
The roush kit is very appealing to me. Where is the best place to buy one? And is there anyone around me that has one that could maybe give me a ride. I mean if im going to spend this much i would really love to kbow what it feels like. Thanks for info guys.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I paid way under $6000 for my Paxton kit with ID1000 injectors and a custom tune. Made 600 hp/480 tq. PM if you want more info.

stang910

Established Member
I was going to get a whipple, but after I found out how much the paxton could be purchased for I pulled the trigger on that instead. I'm extremely happy I went this route cause I saved a bunch of money, the gearing and high RPM in these cars compliment a centri perfectly, and I won't ever have to worry about running out of blower.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
The roush kit is very appealing to me. Where is the best place to buy one? And is there anyone around me that has one that could maybe give me a ride. I mean if im going to spend this much i would really love to kbow what it feels like. Thanks for info guys.

I got the Roush kit for 5280 from JDM call around and you can get a good price. The thing I found that added up were the incidentals, smaller pulley, colder plugs, shorter belt, boost gauge, tune etc.

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
The magnuson tvs kit is available with a powertrain warranty. For that reason alone I would go that route and they make great power with stock like Driveabilty. I'm pretty sure there the only kit on the market that offers a powertrain warranty..

You can get a Warranty with the Ford Racing, Vortech/Paxton or Rosuh kits.

B Square

Established Member
I just ordered the Roush 625hp tuner kit. Comes with everything you need plus smaller pulley and open air filter. You can send your pcm back to Roush for reprogramming (included in cost) or have tuned on dyno, which I will do. Approx $6500 for supercharger, 12 hours labor for install, and in my case about $250 to retune. Less money than Whipple and more power :beer:

B

pohnjarker

Established Member
I'm at 5600 for the Paxton, extra pully, ID1000 injectors, Vortech BAP, and line lock kit.

another 400 or so for the tune and im looking at close to 650rwhp for 6k...cant beat that!!

grnenvy

Established Member
If your going to make the purchase due to price why didn't u buy a V6 car?
The reason the Paxton/Vortech kits are cheaper is due to two reasons.
1st there just reusing the same blower head for multiple kits.
2nd they have been making blower brackets and accessories for many years.
The TVS kit took alot more Research and Development due to it being new for this motor.
You pop the hood on any TVS car and it looks like Ford put it there.
The quality is top notch.

Seriously if your worried about spending money on any kit u should leave it alone.
What would happen if u popped the motor can u afford to fix it?
I have seen alot of people over the years lose out big time due to not being
able to afford the game.

Also if u can't wrench your own car or don't have deep pockets I would just drive it and have fun using your ford warrenty.

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
I'm pretty sure all centri blowers are typically cheaper than PD blowers of the same "caliber". Have you physically seen the differences and read up on how they work almost completely differently?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I can set you up with a paxton / vortech setup.

base kits, complete kits, 700+ rwhp kits

all for less than any other setup can be had, and nearly 8 second growth potential.

incredible intercooler, low iat's, and great drivability

beef
513-478-1965

Users who are viewing this thread