SuperCharger Whine?

Chargedvenom

Established Member
I hear alot of you guys talking about how incredible the supercharger sounds. Maybe it's just me but I don't hear this amazing whine. Compared to the Lightning I had there is no comparison. You step on the gas in a Lightning and the only thing you hear is the whine. Heres my question, Is your Supercharger whine just there or is it overpowering. Sometimes I think maybe something is wrong, because I just don't hear it like I used to on the Lightning. Thanks for your input.

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Intake, and a very special pulley (comming to a store near you, hopefully) and she will whine and scream all day long!!!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I know my L screams like a banshee but my grandmother's Regal GS barely has an audible whine....but it is a buick and they are for old people I guess....they probably don't want to hear a supercharger all of the time lol...no offense to the old farts here ;-)

Chargedvenom

Established Member
Thanks for your input I didn't realize that most of you guys were hearing it after mods, I guess I am comparing stock Cobra to stock Lightning. I figured the Superchargers where configured the same being that both the Cobra and Lightning have the same boost stock.

03DOHC

Established Member
The blower whine on the lightnings is WAAYYYYYY louder than the cobras. Lightning Larry's blower is so loud it sounds like a friggin siren. Maybe the metal shield on my cai quiets mine down some because mine is nowhere as loud.:shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When mine was stock the whine was there but not as loud as the Lightning for sure. When I added the Steeda intake and Accufab TB the whine got WAY louder. And Amazon Racing's Diablo chip cuts in boost at a lower RPM so the whine is not only louder, but heard more often. I love it!
:burnout:

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
You guys that don't hear your whine I will let my wife ride with you in your car and you will hear all the whine you want. " He spends to much money on these cars" ...over and over.....and over...

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Blades' Cobra's whine sounds like God under the hood.... *druels*

Chargedvenom

Established Member
Bad03Cobra, HAHA That's why I don't have one of those, (wife that is). The only whining I want to hear is the blower.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Supercharger is quiet compared to the Lightning.

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
I have both a Lightning and Cobra...

The Cobras stock eaton doesnt compare to the Lightnings scream at all....The Lightning SCREAMS..even when my Cobra had chip/12' Filter/Pulley...and all that...

BUT get a K.B. on the Cobras and it gets LOUD...pushing 19lbs of boost...still the Lightning though i think might be slightly louder..i cant tell now...but before my Lightning was louder.

Pyro

Established Member
When I floor it, I hear two kinds of whines: One from the blower and one from the wife. One makes the car go faster while the other TRIES to make the car slow down.

Users who are viewing this thread