Supercharger patience?

Prodigy603

Established Member
So I am curious, should I wait for their supercharger to come on after the 50 ignition starts patiently (and from natural on and off ignition)?

Or

Should I sit in my garage turning the car on and off until I reach the 50 ignition starts on my 2011 GT500 for supercharger to come online?

I do not know for a fact if there is a minimum mileage required also, but just curious. I have had many new cars, and I usually baby them during the break-in period of the first 500 to 1000 miles, vary my speed etc. However, this is the first supercharged engine I have owned, so not sure if I should leave that alone for a bit too.

barstoolman

Established Member
Breaking in cars went out in the 60's.....just read your Shelby manual.....it tells you either 50 ignition starts and stops or driving "x" amount of miles. In my '08, it was 50 miles.......not sure about the '11 but that's why there's a manual.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
So I am curious, should I wait for their supercharger to come on after the 50 ignition starts patiently (and from natural on and off ignition)?

Or

Should I sit in my garage turning the car on and off until I reach the 50 ignition starts on my 2011 GT500 for supercharger to come online?

I do not know for a fact if there is a minimum mileage required also, but just curious. I have had many new cars, and I usually baby them during the break-in period of the first 500 to 1000 miles, vary my speed etc. However, this is the first supercharged engine I have owned, so not sure if I should leave that alone for a bit too.

Bring it down here into the loop. I'll break it in for you.

Seriously, leave it in the garage til they get the salt off the roads, then just go drive it for a while. The key cycle thing won't be an issue.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread